Curvy gals...really curvy gals

I have always found slim, athletically built women attractive. I guess that's from my long association with competitive swimming. The women in the OP's picture are nice looking, just not my preferred shape.

DH first says "they're all pretty"

Then he says, "hmmm...interesting"

Pretty noncommittal, doesn't want to get himself in trouble. LOL. Today is our 15th anniversary. He has learned well over the years! :ROFLMAO:

I LOL'd at his response, as that would be mine to DW's inquiry. :D

They all look fine to me. I mean fine as in acceptable and also FINE!

I was thinking about this same thing today while waiting on my Taco Bell order. They have an ad campaign for some of their healthy tacos (don't laugh!). A woman claims to have lost 50 pounds eating said healthy tacos. They showed a pic of her in a bathing suit on a boat as the "before" pic, and then her current slimmed up pic where she is 50 pounds lighter. She looked decent in the "before" pics and since all her clothes were on in the after pics, you couldn't really tell how nice her body looks.

I wonder where the ladies of classic beauty would fall on the size chart? I mean the naked roman sculptures and the paintings from the renaissance of women lying naked on couches?

...I wonder where the ladies of classic beauty would fall on the size chart? I mean the naked roman sculptures and the paintings from the renaissance of women lying naked on couches?
Ask and ye shall receive...:LOL:
See Venus at the Mirror here Big Beautiful Woman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A size 22 if I ever saw one. :cool:

Disclaimer: Remember I'm a woman when you read my posts.

Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa
The question "Does this dress make me look fat" keeps popping into my mind...

Fuego says:
I hope for his sake he can rattle off "No honey, of course not" and keep a straight face. :D

"Really? You mean I look fat even without the dress?"

Freebird, how tall are you? At 5'2 and a size 4/6, I was amazed at how large the sizes listed were in the article - especially the pic of the three women (off the rack sizing, not pattern sizes - I sew too - and pattern wise, I am a 8/10/12) I see clothes in the "women's" section, and those ladies pictured seem to be a bit small for them!

Freebird, how tall are you? At 5'2 and a size 4/6, I was amazed at how large the sizes listed were in the article - especially the pic of the three women (off the rack sizing, not pattern sizes - I sew too - and pattern wise, I am a 8/10/12) I see clothes in the "women's" section, and those ladies pictured seem to be a bit small for them!
I am 5'7", 175 lbs, and built solid from years of playing sports. Not muscular, just well toned except for a few problem areas. :blush:
My size at weight 135 in high school was size 14/16. My size now is 18.
I am not overweight, just curvy.

For a petite woman, yes, the sizes would seem big.

For larger gals like me, the sizes in the pic were too low for WOMENS sizes, not misses. Once the size goes above 16, it's a whole new world.
Remember womens' sizes have a lot more to do with bust measurements, shoulder breadth and arm length than misses' sizes under 16.

Curvy girls can certainly be pretty and attractive.

But if I'm honest, I have to admit that many women become unattractive when they gain weight, like one of my ex girlfriends who became (very) obese. As far as I know she's been single for many years now. I feel very sorry for her because she can't stand being alone and is one of the nicest people I know.

I saw this image called "Junk Food America" today and it made me think about this thread and come back here:
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/?attachment_id=119217 (for those who are not yet retired: this image is slightly NSFW and the site sometimes features very explicit banner ads)

The question "Does this dress make me look fat" keeps popping into my mind...

Jeff Foxworthy has a great line. His wife asks "Do I look fat?" He pauses and replies "Do I look stupid?". :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I just read that the AVERAGE woman's size was now a size 16. Yes, I said SIXTEEN.
Used to be a 14, so what happened to that I have no idea.

So, how would everyone feel about seeing more average sized women--which is now a size 16 in America--appearing in advertisements? Would these Rubenesque women get some reaction from you? They are the average woman after all.

When I read “I've fallen into one of her rolls” my mind started to think I was going find something different.

To me it’s more about what’s in the inside of someone not what they look like. But what they look like plays in the beginning of if people get to know each other.

[FONT=&quot]I always dated girls that looked to with in 30 pounds of my own weight.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I always dated girls that looked to with in 30 pounds of my own weight.[/FONT]

I always dated any girl that would have me :whistle:

I couldn't understand how they could resist me, but they did :blush:

I mean, ladies, could you resist this?

Attachments

• Alan in 1973.jpg
    Alan in 1973.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 3
Why is it that guys want all their women to be trim even when they themselves aren't. Seems like the guys are the ones making the judgements here and probably because it's always the way the man wants his woman. Wonder what he thinks of himself. Take me for example: 73 years old, 6' 3", 228 lbs and not all in the right places. I've got the normal tummy and a 40" waist. No excess flab but what right do I have to demand that my "woman" be 5' 3" and 110lbs with a set of 36's like she was. She's now 71 and no way can be like that. We love each other like we are and just remember the good old days. Sizes are wierd. Take my grandson: he's 21 years old, 6' 5", 265 lbs not all in the right places and he loves big women. I mean chunky ones. I never understood that but he says that's just way he is. Can't stand skinny women. To each his own.
Carry on!

I just read that the AVERAGE woman's size was now a size 16. Yes, I said SIXTEEN.
Used to be a 14, so what happened to that I have no idea.

So, how would everyone feel about seeing more average sized women--which is now a size 16 in America--appearing in advertisements? Would these Rubenesque women get some reaction from you? They are the average woman after all.

Appearing in ads? Sure. Appearing in ads wearing bikinis and other revealing clothes? Not so much.

Then again, I don't much care for all of the starved women that look like they are 14 because they have dieted or barfed up every last ounce of bodyfat.

I can only speak as an average woman, but I have been mulling it over and I think I would like to see average women in clothing by designers like in the 1940's when my mother was a runway model. The women they used then were around average height (5'5") and sizes 8-10 was the common size to wear modeling, which was her exactly (plus, she was a beauty when she was young).
Personally, I have never ever been able to relate to the models in the magazines. I'm not tall, not lanky, have boobs and some meat. I can't even envision what I would look like dressed in the clothing those women are modeling ever. In fact, now that I think of it, I've always hated the body types they put in the clothing they expect average women like me to buy. It's stupid..and why? Just cause the clothes "hang better" on the tall, lanky, skinny, no boobs types.
I remember hearing this type of model would come into popularity when I must have been about 12-13, as well as, folk singing (something else I didn't like). Well, folk singing left, but they still use the non-average body type to model clothing they expect us average women to buy. Huh? Why hasn't this changed yet I wonder. Is the public asking to keep these tall, lanky types as models?

My vote is: Get some average sized women modeling again. I'd actually like to have an idea what the clothing would look like on my 5'5" size.

I always dated any girl that would have me :whistle:

I couldn't understand how they could resist me, but they did :blush:

I mean, ladies, could you resist this?
Double dang...Alan...lookin' good...:cool:

Double dang...Alan...lookin' good...:cool:

wrong tense - "looked good" :LOL:

Back on subject... I much prefer the look of curvy women than the classic bread sticks that model all the clothes you see on TV and in magazines.

wrong tense - "looked good" :LOL:
Well, we don't look like we did years ago, but I think that's just fine. I prefer to have laugh lines. I bet you still have those smoldering eyes. ;)

Ahem...so
Back on subject... I much prefer the look of curvy women than the classic bread sticks that model all the clothes you see on TV and in magazines.
C'mon...don't you find this pic hot?.....:whistle:

Well, we don't look like we did years ago, but I think that's just fine. I prefer to have laugh lines. I bet you still have those smoldering eyes. ;)

Ahem...so

C'mon...don't you find this pic hot?.....:whistle:

Well, now you mention it.... But then I have always had a thing for Twiggy :angel:

These women are larger than my wife with her BMI of 23. As I am on the skinny side most of my life (BMI up to 25 now!), we are compatible. However, as I do not have a muscular build, I would not look attractive in a swimming trunk. That, I've got to admit.

Why is it that guys want all their women to be trim even when they themselves aren't. Seems like the guys are the ones making the judgements here and probably because it's always the way the man wants his woman. Wonder what he thinks of himself...

Though I do not care about nor follow celebrities, many years ago, I happened to read what Cindy Crawford said in an interview, something along the above lines. Regarding what men demanded of women which they themselves lack, she said "Do men look at themselves in the mirror? Hello??".

I was impressed when I learned that she was valedictorian, and got an academic scholarship to study chemical engineering. She dropped out because modeling brought her easier money. Still a clever girl.

Back
Top Bottom