Join Early Retirement Today
Old 08-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by Just_Steve View Post
Yuk, just more tick carrying Lyme disease incubators.
And rabies...

Music Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #22
I used to think raccoons were cute - till I bought a house in suburban Philly. The previous owners had a box built to house the trash cans. It was a PITA - because you had to lift the trash cans in/out of the top of the box. I asked about it before closing... they said it was the ONLY way to keep the raccoons out of the trash. Over the years I lived there I observed most of the neighbors had similar boxes.... and those that didn't often had trash strewn across their yard regularly.

My next door neighbor had a gas grill on his deck. He had a very aggressive raccoon try to scare him away from the grill and steaks he was cooking. He didn't budge and the raccoon kept getting closer and closer and hissing at him. He finally got it to go away with a full blast hose.

I no longer look at them as "cute".... except in pictures or other people's yards.

Retired June 2014. No longer an enginerd - now I'm just a nerd.
rodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:58 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We have lived here for 20 years with no raccoon problems yet.
Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:00 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Lsbcal View Post
We have lived here for 20 years with no raccoon problems yet.
as far as you know and I hope it continues that way for you! as for me,raccoons get a very cold welcome at our place....
ivinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets
No raccoons, but I have deer family that think my roses and hostas are their personal buffet
Sasset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #26
Full time employment: Posting here.
We have coons and coyotes both, even in the city.

Here's a sample of the local coon talent, check the footwork and ramming technique of junior #2. Apologies for the crummy phone movie, it all happened pretty fast.

bld999 is offline   Reply With Quote