Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I also like them and I already have the perfect dress to go with them . The market is dropping but we are buying shoes !
And that is good. A girly-girl will never let finances stand between her and cute new shoes, especially those like sandals that expose the base of the toes.

Ha
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
Give me a forum ...

I've had plantar fascitis (minor) in the past, so I have to stick with sandals that have very little difference in height between the toes and heels, have a padded footbed, and have good upper strap support. Here's an example

Amazon.com: Donald J Pliner Women's Shelee Wedge Sandal: Shoes

I do have shoes similar to this, but they are not worn outside the home.

Amazon.com: Michael Antonio Women's Loveme-Satin Pump: Michael Antonio: Shoes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
And that is good. A girly-girl will never let finances stand between her and cute new shoes, especially those like sandals that expose the base of the toes.

Ha
Hmmm........my first time hearing there is an interest in shoes "that expose the base of the toes." Maybe we are wasting money on getting pedicures and should focus on decorating our toes a little further up? A little glitter perhaps?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I wear born shoes ( sandals & flats ) . They are cute ,last forever and give enough support.

I have also worn Borns and have been especially happy to find them at Marshall's for half price.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

I don't know if you are supposed to credit another poster on the net, but someone on the Unofficial Disney Budget Board said " I spent a fortune on a quest to find the perfect flip flop that would give my poor feet the support they need. I found it in the OluKai Ohana. They are a little more expensive, but worth every penny. I also like the Cobian Leather Bounce, Sketcher Tone Ups, Fit Flops, Orthoheel Tides and Waves, Montrail Molokini, Flojos Exena, Yellow Box Jello, and Volatile Keralees. Nothing compares to my OluKai Ohanas though."

She said she owns 200 pairs of flip flops! Not my idea of budget-minded, but maybe one of the above brands might work for you.
bhoferp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #26

I'm about as tomboy as they get... So flip flops are my favorite. I like the Croc Reefs... Very comfy, have arch support, and are indestructible. But I think they replaced that style... The closest I found on the crocs.com website was the Baja Flip.

Mine are about 5 years old - and I wear them daily during the summer. (Thank goodness for casual dress code at work.)
rodi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #27

I just bought 2 pairs of Danskos opened toed for the summer to wear mainly with shorts and capris. I need the arch support these provide.

Sophie - Dansko Shoes & Footwear - TheWalkingCompany.com
sheehs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

I have short feet with very broad insteps (EE width) and a moderate bunion which is simply the way my feet are built (not a foot disorder, per se). I also have high arches, so I like to show off my feet.

With my type of foot, there is no point my even stepping into a brick-and-mortar shoe store. I've had the best luck ordering from Women's brand name shoes available at MarylandSquare.com. Because they focus on hard-to-find sizes, their selection of seasonal styles in wide widths is actually slightly better than Zappos.com. I have found sexy - yes, sexy shoes, in EE width, by the makers Ros Hommerson, Easy Spirit, Van Eli, and Soft Spots. As for sensible, supportive, yet not "clunky" shoes/sandals, I would turn to Naturalizers or Hush Puppy. Although it is more expensive, I prefer leather above man-made shoes, because leather stretches and conforms to the shape of the foot.

Amethyst
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #29

You might want to try your local running store and see if they carry sandals. Mine carries 5 or 6 good brands of sandals that offer support, and some of them are pretty cute! I wear flip flops all summer, and just this year decided to try a pair that offer better support for my feet. After trying all the different brands on, I settled on Sole, and so far they seem pretty comfortable.

I think it would be really hard to select a brand without trying them on first. After that, you could probably order online successfully.
ksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #30

Thought I'd close the loop on this one. I ended up buying a pair of Teva's that truly feel like a cobbler made them just for me.

Teva Women's Neota Sandals :: Women's Shoes :: Casual Sandals :: FootSmart

Nothing sexy, but they feel great - and did right out of the box. I am pretty sure I need then in another color now.

Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather and that your shoes feel good on your feet.
SumDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #31
Give me a forum ...

I splurged too! These are really comfortable.

Romika Ibiza 20 | Women's - Black - FREE SHIPPING at OnlineShoes.com
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #32
Recycles dryer sheets

Definitely get them in more than one color!

They change styles every year, so if you find something that works, get several!
gardenfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #33

Dr. Andrew Weil's Orthoheels! I've had plantar fascitis and a heel spur, so can't wear flipflops either. BUT these look like well-made cute flipflops, and have so much cushion and support that you feel like you are wearing an orthotic. These sandals feel like medicine on my feet, and I can wear them with skirts, pants, and capris. Will take them to Paris for a week in Sept.

(Plus, they were half-price on Ebay during the winter, so avoided the $89.95 prices of spring/summer.)

Enjoy!

(My other stand-by is "Tahiti" by Eastland. Again, bought them half-price in the winter. The previous pair lasted for 7 years: they're still just as comfortable, they just look worn out. These shoes are also "medicine for the feet"!)

Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #34

I found these and have two pairs - they are really comfortable to walk in or stand in. Not as rugged as some others but good arch support. Probably best for feet that tend to be a little wide than a little narrow.

And since I can't get the URL didn't work, Naot footwear, style is Kayla - you can get them at Zappos and many other places.

Naot Footwear Kayla Copper Leather - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

Okay, the URL DID work...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Sumday, I love the Tevas! Those are great and just what I would have picked out! Thanks forte update! My Tevas are wonderful, too!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #36
Gone but not forgotten

Living in Florida we tend to wear lots of sandals so besides functional sandals I have quite a few fun pair .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $T2eC16F,!ysE9sy0gGQQBRgzj(eYNg~~60_1.jpg (15.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 76327_STRIPE_MULTI.jpg (5.8 KB, 41 views)
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #37

I just got these last week down in Pismo Beach.
They are very comfortable.
I can't figure out how to cut and paste the photo. Sorry!

Aetrex Lori Adjustable Quarter Strap Pewter - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways