Join Early Retirement Today

D Day Remembered
Old 06-06-2003, 07:53 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

D Day Remembered

Greetings, All:

I would like to take this opportunity to extend a heart felt thank you to the men and women of America who have proudly worn the uniform of this great nation. They have sacrificed much and asked little in return.

It is fair that we honor those who sacrificed so that the rest of us would not have to. In particular, I offer a salute to those incredibly brave men who participated in the D Day Invasion of Normandy, June 6, 1944.

Perhaps even more difficult than doing battle is the silence and lonliness of waiting at home for word of these brave people. Their loved ones also sacrificed of themselves for this nation and also deserve our respect and our love.

My father passed away in 1987. He was a soldier for much of his adult life. He served in WW II as a Navy gunners mate aboard the heavy cruiser Augusta. Later he joined the Army as a combat infantryman. Through him I found out what it costs these folks to defend this nation and in spite of the high price they pay how willing they are to do it. I ask that all Americans offer a prayer or a moment of reflection to honor their deeds and contributions to the peace, prosperity, and freedom that we all enjoy today.

Thank you all and God bless.

Ed_B

Ed_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!