Da Vinci Code

As a practicing Catholic I wish to politely tell all the protesters to get their head out of their arse! Boycott the movie, by all means, but is your faith really that weak that something from Hollywood (all of a sudden the paragon of spiritual influence?) is going to shake it? I plan on seeing the movie, I enjoyed the book. Chill out people, it's a story!

Cool!

2001: We get attacked by radical muslims
2002: We attack Afghanistan
2003: We attack Iraq
2004: Mel Gibson attacks Jews
2006: Ron Howard attacks Christians

I like this trend. Next thing you know, Disney will release a movie attacking Looney Toons, and then things will be back to normal.

Laurence said:
Boycott the movie, by all means, but is your faith really that weak that something from Hollywood (all of a sudden the paragon of spiritual influence?) is going to shake it?  I plan on seeing the movie, I enjoyed the book.  Chill out people, it's a story!
Sounds like the same publicity machine that's been cranking up the Harry Potter hysteria...

DanTien said:
I'm looking forward to seeing Audrey Tautou...
After five minutes on Google Images, what possible unseen portion of Audrey Tatou would be revealed in this movie?!?

Oh, I get it-- you mean the quality of her acting!

Nords said:
After five minutes on Google Images, what possible unseen portion of Audrey Tatou would be revealed in this movie?!?

Oh, I get it-- you mean the quality of her acting!
Oh Nords! That is so sexist! Did you spend 5 minutes on Tom Hanks? You didn't did you!
What portions did you see of Audrey? I think she'll be a terrific Mary Magdeleine!

DanTien said:
Oh Nords! That is so sexist! Did you spend 5 minutes on Tom Hanks? You didn't did you!
What portions did you see of Audrey? I think she'll be a terrific Mary Magdeleine!
You're absolutely right-- that was terribly sexist.

Hey, look, Audrey's on the same website as Vida Guerra! Wow!

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

Not being at all religious, I don't see the Da Vinci code as any more fictitious than more mainstream religious doctrine, so I'm not offended...

But it should be a good movie (the book was a good read).

How about a Vida/Audrey lez scene... >:D

Laurence said:
As a practicing Catholic I wish to politely tell all the protesters to get their head out of their arse!  Boycott the movie, by all means, but is your faith really that weak that something from Hollywood (all of a sudden the paragon of spiritual influence?) is going to shake it?  I plan on seeing the movie, I enjoyed the book.  Chill out people, it's a story!

As a non-practicing Catholic, I agree with you.  Hmm ... wonder what the pennance would be for watching the movie  ::)

VoyT said:
As a non-practicing Catholic, I agree with you.  Hmm ... wonder what the pennance would be for watching the movie  ::)
That depends whether you want a pew up front or in the back of the cathedral when they're screening it...

Is anybody else bugged by the name of the book/movie?    It should have been the Leonardo Code.   His name was Leonardo.   He was from Vinci.   Leonardo from Vinci.   Oh, never mind.  :)

A BS story about an even bigger BS story (in the first place).

Should be HUGE!!!

Ain't that the truth. The older i get, the more amazed I am to realize the majority of Americans actually believe stories like Noah's Ark, etc. I mean i really do not get it. Even intelligent people believe it. This truth is without a doubt, the thing that confuses me the most.

nafddur said:
Should be HUGE!!!
I don't think that anyone ever went broke underestimating the gullibility or laziness of the American consumer.

I can't wait to see the movie because I noticed a newpaper headline in the supermarket telling me that it's all true. I'm not going to get out of my recliner for it, though, until I can see it on my TV.

The Knights Templar were an amazing organisation, felled by their own success.

The Catholic Church does have a dark side, secrets it does not want shared,a s does evry large reiligous Organisation.

The story is well told, fiction but with enough facts to create an aura of mystery.

Not sure why Hanks got the role, kind of takes away from it, but I will be first in line, after I finish the Books.(Holy Sea, Holy Grail).

"The Life of Brian" continues to be one of my all time favourites.

I totally agree with you Azanon.

One thing I will brag about Canada is that we don't have as many religious nutjobs running around up here! :D

HFWR said:
My guess is that if the critics hated it, I'll love it...
Yeah, most of them are dopes anyway....

Here's an actor trying to defuse the controversy -
Ian McKellen, an openly gay actor who plays Leigh Teabing in The Da Vinci Code, sought to make light of the controversy.

"I'm very happy to believe that Jesus was married," he said. "I know the Catholic Church has problems with gay people and I thought this would be absolute proof that Jesus was not gay."

REW, there is you, CFB, and a cast of unsavoury characters here, I pale in comparison.

Ok, I saw it this weekend, and enjoyed it. It is l-o-n-g, so I'd advise against the large $10 soda...  :dead:

Back
Top Bottom