Join Early Retirement Today

Dale Carnegie Instructors
Old 01-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Dale Carnegie Instructors

Considering going thru the training to be a Dale Carnegie instructor. Am a big believer in the basic principles they teach - like the fact they are simply often ignored, common sense type principles that when applied produce solid results. Any instructors out there in ER land? Looking for pros and cons. Thanks
Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Dale Carnegie Instructors
Old 01-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

If there were a way that you could succesfully complete the Dale Carnegie Instructor course and increase your income by a factor of 6, you'd want to know about it wouldn't you?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm talking about improving the soul here and you find away to steer it back to the almighty dollar! It's always about money with you people! That's why I love this forum!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc
I'm talking about improving the soul here and you find away to steer it back to the almighty dollar! It's always about money with you people! That's why I love this forum!
I went through the DC sales training course around 20 years ago. Their technique to get the prospects ATTENTION ( the 5 steps of the DC sales process are- attention, interest, conviction, desire, close) was to frame a question the way I did.

Now, If there were a way that your could improve the spiritual well being of everyone around you, while at the same time deepening and enriching your own spirit, you'd want to know about it, wouldn't you?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I haven't been associated with any of the "sales" training. I've been through the "How to Win Friends........" and the "How to Stop Worrying and ........." course. Liked it a lot and saw some significant transformation in some classmates. My interest is in that area. With that said, if I could increase my income by a factor of 6 and enrich the lives of others - yes, I might be a little interested.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Took a Carnegie course 5 years ago.........my instructor was "ok"........as long as she stuck to whatever workbook she was using as a guide.

I would love it if some SCORE folks taught the course. You would get more "real-life" examples........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #7

I had an excellent instructor in the DC course, and enjoyed it ... very worthwhile. Unfortunately, he's no longer in the business.

Take the course, read the books ... you'll get out of it what you put into it, and it is a good life experience.

Best of luck.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
I had an excellent instructor in the DC course, and enjoyed it ... very worthwhile. Unfortunately, he's no longer in the business.

Take the course, read the books ... you'll get out of it what you put into it, and it is a good life experience.

Best of luck.
Not cheap.....about $2000-$2500

Old 01-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via AIM to vvsonikvv

Training courses? I'm interested. Have you had experience with these? What are taught at these?

I've read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie and it's one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) of books I have read. It provides much logical insight (though not common) and is also entertaining to read... I actually went out and bought How to Develop Self Confidence and Influence People by Public Speaking. Haven't finished this one yet (perhaps why i dont have the best public speaking and self confidence?)

Are these courses geared towards the book, but in a presentation format? Is there much we can learn in addition to these books? Or another way to throw money away and for others to capitalize? I noticed how they use Dale Carnegie's name, I bought a book Sales Advantage Plan by Dale Carnegie associates. And realized he didn't write the book and I was "tricked" a bit. Oh well.

This is a good topic... care to discuss some of his techniques or personal anecdotes of Carnegie methods in your life?
vvsonikvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm familar with How to Win Friends and Influence People , but had never heard of the classes. The "would you"..."if I could" lines sound like pure sales talk. How often do they deliver on promises like increasing income six-fold?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas
I'm familar with How to Win Friends and Influence People , but had never heard of the classes. The "would you"..."if I could" lines sound like pure sales talk. How often do they deliver on promises like increasing income six-fold?
They don't promise finite and measurable stuff like that..........it's based upon becoming more confident and that cerebral stuff............

To me, Stephen Covey's Seven Habits is a MUCH BETTER, and a LOT cheaper.........

Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I do have a copy available for loan to anyone interested of the fabulous Mrs. Dale Carnegie's How to Help Your Husband Get Ahead. I think it even has some recipes for when he brings the boss home for dinner.

I confess to having a sick interest in these kinds of books. One of my favorites is Saucepans and the Single Girl which has tips on how to snare a husband.

Sarah

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Hit him over the head with a saucepan?

Attended a "Seven Habits" seminar with Covey at the helm.

Typical gobbledeegook Very inspirational!!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote