Dancing with the Stars - abuse of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, 73, he was going out of town on business anyway, so the tv in the hotel was just a bonus! Thankfully, he's not some sort of sports fanatic or else we wouldn't have had all this marital bliss for the past 17 years.

Um, I think you missed out on the inherent humor of your Southern workmates. We are most certainly not victims, nor would we characterize ourselves as such, travelover. Being a Southerner is more about appreciating what sets us apart from flyover country and the northern states.

There is nothing wrong with celebrating your heritage and appreciating the stories of your ancestors and their struggles, just as you have noted in your post, rescueme. As a descendant of the Scot Irish settlers who arrived in poverty here in the 1700s, I'm very proud of my own ancestry.

As a descendant of the Scot Irish settlers who arrived in poverty here in the 1700s, I'm very proud of my own ancestry.
Ah! And well you should be. However, your "family" was here 1861-65 and may be part of stories that were "handed down" over time, for that period of conflict.

At least the Civil War (regardless of your "side") is part of your family history. In my case, it was not.

And no, my former co-workers were not kidding. They even fought among themselves over actions taken (by both sides) of that long ago event.

In reality? It did cause the largest number of U.S. casualties of all time (assuming you consider the North/South as one "country") and probably affected a great majority of family histories that were established before 1861.

BTW, what was this thread about anyway? :D

BTW, what was this thread about anyway? :D

See, my plan becomes more obvious--thread hijacking as an art form!:D

I know some of those re-enactor folks that get all into the battlefields and all that, but my peeps are not so much interested in rehashing old battles. Guess there wasn't much else for your work mates to argue about! :)

I grew up blocks away from Ft. Moultrie, which had distinguished service dating from the Revolutionary War, so I was literally surrounded by Charleston's place in history. A friend even was one of the first to "lay hands" on the Hunley submarine, used in the Civil War.

Last edited:
Sarah, liten up. Speling is sew over-ratted, and knot that impotent.
(It's no oneder are skools our in trubble, an not jest the wons in Charlestown.) :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
(It's no oneder are skools our in trubble, an not jest the wons in Charlestown.) :LOL:

There has to be a John Kerry reference somewhere in here.........:LOL:

I jus dun red dis rabblin', and I kin jus hear them boyz a comin' with theer fancee lingo and try to mess with us Southerners........;)

DW and I were laughing a few days ago when we were listening to the news on the radio. The news reader said that 20 years ago the USA was number 1 in the world for education, but by 2007 they had slipped to number 18th and were soon to be number 20th.

(note, I may not have the exact years correct).

Honk if you understand the grammatical errors.

Get the frist and lsat ltteer in the rghit palce is all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom