Darwin Award???

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
That's why they test
As a condition of his bail, a 47-year-old Milwaukee man was required to visit the Mequon Police Department each day for a breath test. When he showed up at the station on N. Buntrock Ave. Feb. 21, he was arrested on charges of - and you probably saw this coming - drunken driving.

Because of his four previous drunken driving offenses, he cannot have a blood alcohol level of more than 0.02. Police said he was at 0.06 when he came in for his test about 3:19 p.m., and he was placed under arrest.

When an officer went to move the guy's car so it would not be towed, he found marijuana, drug paraphernalia and an "open intoxicant" inside, police said.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Tests make me nervous too. I'd probably need a beer or two prior to the test to take the edge off, too. Can't fault the guy for that.

justin said:
Tests make me nervous too. I'd probably need a beer or two prior to the test to take the edge off, too. Can't fault the guy for that.

Well...........maybe you can be his defense attorney............ ;)

Speaking of which, I'd like to put in a plug for the movie "Idiocracy".
It is by Mike Judge, the creator of "Beavis and Butthead", "King of
the Hill", and "Office Space". It's about a future society where
excessive breeding by the stupid, combined with corporations out
of control, has created a pretty dysfunctional society. It is funny
and silly, but deeply and disturbingly satirical underneath. I challenge
you to watch it and then go to Walmart and not get the willies. Fox
decided to crush it after it was made, and it opened in only a few
theaters and is available only in DVD now.

It IS silly though, and if you do not find KotH quite amusing, and
B&B at least mildly amusing, you may not enjoy it.

RustyShackleford said:
Speaking of which, I'd like to put in a plug for the movie "Idiocracy".
It is by Mike Judge, the creator of "Beavis and Butthead", "King of
the Hill", and "Office Space".

This is the Rip van Winkle one? I was wondering what had happened to it. It's in the queue. Thanks!

I volunteer at my local police station and could give out Darwin Awards at least once a day. It amazes me how many people call that want to know if they have any warrants out for their arrest. Folks have to have pretty complicated lives if they have to wonder about that!

The biggest thing that bowls me over is when people come in to bail someone out of jail. I have to get proper i.d. and have in run through dispatch. I can't tell you how many times an officer has strolled around the corner and arrested the "bailer outer". :eek:

After a while, it gets pretty funny. :D

RustyShackleford said:
It's about a future society where excessive breeding by the stupid, combined with corporations out
of control, has created a pretty dysfunctional society.

I'm pretty sure this has all come to pass already ;)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I'm pretty sure this has all come to pass already ;)

Like I said, watch Idiocracy and then go to Walmart (or even just the mall). Creepy ...

Its good news though. As I often tell my wife "If it wasnt for dumb people, we wouldnt be able to make money this easily..." ;)

"I see dumb people..."

Sixth.jpg

" . . . and they don't even know they're dumb."

I though you had to be dead to get a Darwin award.

Thats the problem I keep seeing. Prospective award winners who've already passed on the genes. :p

I don't mean he's just a defendant who does dumb stuff. This is a boy with an IQ in triple digits. His brain is glued together with Silly Putty. He can't think his way out of a paper bag, but he can do physics."

And that was from his mother/lawyer :-X

I know lots of intelligent people that have no common sense but to use that as a defense? Oy vey!!

Back
Top Bottom