Day of happiness

I saw this posted on Facebook this morning. 22 things you can actually do to help make your life happier and maybe lead by example.

22 Things Happy People Do Differently | Successify!

Now that is a pretty good list, IMO. Real actionable stuff for most of us, not frilly, feel-good fluff.

I gotta run, and had to skim a bit, and I'm not saying I agree with all of it 100%, and I think some could use a little expansion to cover some realities of life, but I'd give it at least an "A minus" for content.

Thanks for posting that.

-ERD50

I read the linked article and can appreciate the UN's reasons, which are more at a policy level for its members' governments to keep their citizens' pursuit of happiness as their main goal in developing programs. But I never mind a reminder to count my blessings.

The floggings will continue until morale improves...

Which part of the word "fertilizer" (aka horseh#t) don't you understand? :)

Moving on...
Why not take it up with him/her in the first place? Again, I think most were questioning the UN as the source more than anything else.

Would be a waste of time IMO and not the main topic of this thread. I much prefer to think positive and remain positive. It's Friday, I came back home early for lunch, no more patients to see today, enjoying a beer. Enjoying my time off and feeling happy !
Why not take it up with him/her in the first place? .

Last edited:
That's because some people have a need to be un-happy and try to make others feel that way. :(

This is most definitely true, I work with a few types like this. Kind of reminds me of Eeyore, they are never happy unless they are complaining about something:LOL:

Nice sentiment, but don't they have better things to do than make up things like this? Obviously they have way too much time on their hands.

Well whatever people say I am happy and very grateful to be part of this world, of this magnificent universe.

Happy to be able to change people's lives, help my patients, care for the needy, the uninsured, and the underserved.

Happy to be here and to be able to share these feelings. And, last but not least, it's Friday. :)

I am happy it's Friday too. And although very cold, it's gorgeously sunny outside. I will dress my dogs warmly in their doggie parkas and will take them for a walk around the lake near my house this weekend. :dance:

Would be a waste of time IMO and not the main topic of this thread. I much prefer to think positive and remain positive. It's Friday, I came back home early for lunch, no more patients to see today, enjoying a beer. Enjoying my time off and feeling happy !

So glad you are relaxing, enjoying your time off, and feeling happy! Life is good and meant to be enjoyed.

And here is some information that may be helpful to all. In order to decrease aggravation and increase our enjoyment of daily life, our software has an "ignore" function that will hide posts by any member one finds annoying. It's easy. Here's how, for those who may not know:

1. Click on "User CP" on the horizontal bar above.
2. Then on the left, choose "Edit Ignore List".
3. Put the annoying member's name in the box labeled "Add a Member to your List".
4. Click "Okay"

Many of our members use this function quite a bit, actually! Some of our members are ignored by so many, that it is amazing. Hope this helps to make everyone's happy day even happier. :)

Last edited:
I've been happy pretty much every day since retiring. :dance::dance:
It's a goal worth attaining.
Now the normal happy stuff is just icing on the cake - sunshine, garden seeds starting to grow, the anticipation of a great garden this year and so much more. :)

So glad you are relaxing, enjoying your time off, and feeling happy! Life is good and meant to be enjoyed.

And here is some information that may be helpful to all. In order to decrease aggravation and increase our enjoyment of daily life, our software has an "ignore" function that will hide posts by any member one finds annoying. It's easy. Here's how, for those who may not know:

1. Click on "User CP" on the horizontal bar above.
2. Then on the left, choose "Edit Ignore List".
3. Put the annoying member's name in "Add a Member to your List".

Many of our members use this function quite a bit, actually! Some of our members are ignored by so many, that it is amazing. Hope this helps to make everyone's happy day even happier. :)

HelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHello...

Which part of the word "fertilizer" (aka horseh#t) don't you understand? :)

Moving on...

Yes, and initially I used the 'fertilizer' euphemism to convey 'worthless', but as I reflected in a later post, I do see things like this as worse than worthless. Like in the 'green movement', many seem to let symbolism substitute for substance. And then they congratulate themselves for 'doing something', but they did nothing, and there was an opportunity cost.

Why not take it up with him/her in the first place? Again, I think most were questioning the UN as the source more than anything else.
Would be a waste of time IMO and not the main topic of this thread. I much prefer to think positive and remain positive. ...

To my mind, exposing what we may see as false positives is being positive. Keeping with the 'green movement' example, I'm not going to rah-rah for something that I know won't help anyone. That gives false hopes, and distracts from doing real good.

At any rate, the 'fertilizer' comment was clearly directed at the content, it wasn't anything personal. I'm not sure why you decided to turn to personal comments in some your posts, that hardly aligns with someone who says they prefer to be 'positive'.

Oh well, I'm still happy, expect to happy all evening, and the rest of the weekend. We'll see how it goes from there, but I kind of see a happy trend. :)

-ERD50

Thank you. I have been thinking of using the "ignore" function for a specific poster but I also believe in the freedom of speech. When it gets too hard I just keep silent and enjoy a second beer :)

Thank you. I have been thinking of using the "ignore" function for a specific poster but I also believe in the freedom of speech. When it gets too hard I just keep silent and enjoy a second beer :)

You're welcome, and I hope it is helpful to know that option is available. I like your method of dealing with these issues, too, and often use that method myself (with water instead of beer, in my case). :)

I was feeling quite happy this evening.

... and then I read this thread :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom