Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Dealing with Big Companies: It's Getting Worse
Old 01-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

To drink!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2006, 07:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ()
Reminds me...

Can anyone...anyone at all...tell me why anybody ever goes to Applebees more than once?

And what the **** is a 'riblet'?!?
After some extensive research I think that a Riblet is from a Piglet.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Ah...drinking...that explains why theres always a line there.

I figured the riblets were somehow related to some sort of roadkill.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSimpsonAZ
There are some industries where poor customer service will cause people to lose a customer for life and other industries where they just don't care because the customer isn't the life/death of the company.
Wharton to the rescue--

Beware of Dissatisfied Consumers: They Like to Blab.

Sounds like customer service is directly reflected in the marketing budget.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #25

i wonder if--given population density/growth--they can treat customers like crap because it doesn't matter if they lose someone's business. the sidewalk is so crowded that a replacement customer is bound to fall into their storefront right about the same time you thought you let the door slam behind you.

when i was first in corporate, my employer used to put out the best product available. after "re-engineering" they determined they only had to simply beat the competition, having nothing to do with putting out the very best they could for customers. it happens the competition put out total crap. so to beat the competition, we put out what i called crap + 1.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:50 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
Wharton to the rescue--

Beware of Dissatisfied Consumers: They Like to Blab.

Sounds like customer service is directly reflected in the marketing budget.
Yeah, theres this new thing called 'the internet' that allows a pissed customer to tell 90 million people, not just 9.

I remain entertained, but not surprised, that marketing based CEO's will spend millions or billions on marketing, and five bucks paying bob in india to do their customer support poorly.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum
so to beat the competition, we put out what i called crap + 1.
That really simplifies the pricing, too. I wonder if Wharton includes that in their MBA program?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

http://gethuman.com/us/

This link may or may not provide some help.( Batteries not included, mileage may vary, I am just here to help.)

Click database heading.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Ok here my latest woe of rotten customer service.

I upgraded to the latest version of McAfee Security Suite for my desk top PC at home. I installed the program and my internet would no longer work...no email no Internet Exporer and no updates from McAfee. I uninstalled the software and everything worked again. Looks like a software problem to me.

I contact customer support...via internet chat since they want $$ to take to a human being. The chat line pops up and in few minutes Rachel Doss is my technician. After a few minutes of back and forth it become clear that Rachel is not from the US. While she is nice she is lost and cannot help me beyond a list of stuff to try.

I try all the stuff to no avail. I contact them again....repeat my whole issue, reference the previous call number etc...try same stuff...no that does not work. Ok I am now escallated up to the special team who will contact me soon.

A week later no contact no nothing....I get back on chat again...same story second verse...no help and Eric Smith english is no so good. I am getting a mental image of a call center in Calcutta. A day later I get an email from Azis Shamir telling me to email him back if my problem is not fixed.

I email him back and the address is in India. : Also, the address is dead and every attempt to reply to this email is returned to me without delivery. A day later I get an email from him thanking me for contacting the support center and closing my file since I did not repond to his email.

I am getting just a little pissed by now.

I contact customer support via chat again and go into the same song third verse...after waiting for them to read all the notes on my file Angela Jones comes back and says I had been contacted by Azzis and the case was closed.

I inform her that her information is incorrect and request a supervisor so I can discuss this issue at a higher level. We go back and forth on this for a while until I finally demand a name and contact information of someone to discuss this whole issue with. She comes back with Azzis Shamir's dead email address.

It has been three weeks since I made my initial contact with these people and my problem is not resolved. I cannot even contact the "one person" who can solve all my problems according to them. Meanwhile, my desktop is off line since I don't have an active firewall or virus protection on it and I have left the program installed for troubleshooting purposes in the event someone actually contacts me.

My next step is to compose a letter with all the information (I copied the text of each chat discussion) so I can docuement my case to the company headquarters. I have a physical address and I intend on sending the letter to a number of folks in the company. It may not help but they will have ample information of my displeasure with their customer service and flaky product.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Doesnt it make you think that they could save that final 5% on their customer support by just hosting a single page web site saying "Thank you for to be buying our product, if this has now stopped working or is to be not working right, please save us boths some times and just go and be ****ing yourself.

You are to be appreciated for this very much and be having a nice day!
Old 03-11-2006, 05:21 AM   #31
Full time employment: Posting here.

I have a tiny equipment startup business. Most of my competitors are small public companies. Call any one of them and you get the auto attendent run around and it's not like they are taking tons of calls each day. These same Bozos spend hundreds of thousands on trade shows (some in the millions) that customers don't go to anymore. My officemanager always answers the phone and knows many repeat callers by heart. OK, she's 63 and her hearing isn't the best but she always gets people directed to the right place with a helpful disposition. Money very well spent in my book.

TargaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #32
Full time employment: Posting here.

TargaDave,

May your company reap the benefits.

Bpp
bpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaDave
I have a tiny equipment startup business.
I wouldn't publicly advertise the size of your equipment. You wont get much business that way.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
I wouldn't publicly advertise the size of your equipment. You wont get much business that way.
It's not the size of your equipment that is important. What matters is where you install it.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #35
Give me a forum ...

An ex girlfriend told me that anyone who uses lines like that has small equipment, and no ocean motion, signature writing expertise or special installation is going to do any good...
Old 03-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute 'n Fuzzy Bunny
An ex girlfriend told me that anyone who uses lines like that has small equipment, and no ocean motion, signature writing expertise or special installation is going to do any good...
She was just trying to boost your ego
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #37
Give me a forum ...

Oh yeah, like I need that.