Join Early Retirement Today
Old 01-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
The compensation of pharmacists has dropped, I have little doubt that the employer is trying to 'shake off' their highly paid pharmacists. They don't want to offer a severance package, cheaper to make unreasonable demands and get them to quit.

IF you want to drop a package on them as you leave discuss the demand that you leave one patient in need of care for another noting that to do so would be malpractice. cc your health department for good measure.

Duck bjorn.
Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My husband was upset at his treatment at his last job and I keep telling him his past merit raises and bonuses just put a target on his back for cost cutting. The link between good performance and job security is gone these days, at least at many megecorps, and in the case of older workers is almost an inverse relationship. The higher the pay, the more profit for companies if you can be replaced by someone younger and cheaper.

Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
daylatedollarshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #63
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
"Back in the day" when I worked for US DOL I did an Age Discrimination investigation where a successor employer laid off highly paid employees all of whom were well over 40 yoa. The previous business owner was not happy with what the new company did and gave me a statement that laid out the relationship between longevity and pay. The new employer failed to offer those older workers the rate they were willing to pay. I negotiated a nice settlement for the terminated employees. Management in the agency told me that I was stretching it in that case but years later similar facts were litigated and the court found for the employees.

What is happening to the OP is that he is being driven out. That doesn't mean that a case can't be made IF a pattern can be demonstrated.

Been there, done that and have a closet full of t-shirts.
Duck bjorn.
Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #64
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
After you've had that stroke, are paralyzed on one side and can't speak, you can smugly say to yourself, "I guess I showed those bastards".

Made me laugh out loud at work, in my office. Co-workers may be wondering what's got into me. I don't care.

To OP, if you won't quit, learn to cope with it. Stress will kill you. If not, it will negatively affect your life in more ways than you know. Stress is not a laughing matter. Good luck!
Pura Vida
robnplunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:44 PM   #65
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I'm sorry you are suffering. You sound like a really conscientious person. Others here have given you great advice, and I would add, please, please take care of Francis. You're in healthcare, so know the importance of diet, sleep, and above all exercise. Never mind winning at work - you want to win at life, and that means keeping your health.

Best of luck,

What Amethyst wrote especially the "Never mind winning at work - you want to win at life, and that means keeping your health." Well said! I would quit, Francis. ER now.

Formerly known as "Retire 2014" Due to aggressive saving and a lot of luck managed to get out at end of March 2013, hence, the name change :)
Retire2013 is offline   Reply With Quote