Dear Florida, You didn't do your job this time.

justin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Florida, what happened? Why didn't you stop this storm from hitting North Carolina? What is up with all this flooding we have?

http://www.wral.com/slideshow/news/9368645/detail.html?qs=;s=1;w=400

My favorite was this photo (below). You think?

This darn storm almost messed up my lunch plans. :D Just about all the roads were flooded. The creek that runs underneath my property flooded the UHaul Store about 1/4 mile downstream. My house is still there though sitting right in the middle of the flood plain. High and dry (except the leaking roof).

Attachments

• highwater.jpg
    highwater.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 90
  • highwater.jpg_thumb
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
I warned you about our melting glaciers and other global warming stuff :p Now you'll have nice beach front property. -- ;)

cube_rat said:
I warned you about our melting glaciers and other global warming stuff :p Now you'll have nice beach front property. -- ;)

Awesome. Sky high property values here I come! Good thing I got that cheap government subsidized flood insurance :D

justin,
from my short time in Raleigh I seem to recall Crabtree will flood if there is dew on the gound. :LOL:

OldAgePensioner said:
justin,
from my short time in Raleigh I seem to recall Crabtree will flood if there is dew on the gound. :LOL:

No joke. It floods about every 2 years. Supposedly the "design rainfall" for a parking lot design is a 2 to 5 year flood. Looks like they hit the nail on the head with that one!

I think the Uhaul near my house on Capital Blvd/US 1 floods with about the same frequency. I drove by there on the way to lunch and the parking lot had 4-5 ft of water, about 1 ft from flooding US 1. Half submerged Uhauls covering the flooded parking lot. :( I'm surprised they didn't move them, since they knew this storm was coming... I guess they were expecting Florida to do it's job.

::::sending florida beach towel to justin::::

Attachments

• florida beach towel.jpg
    florida beach towel.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 59
  • florida beach towel.jpg_thumb
    28.9 KB · Views: 1
OldAgePensioner said:
justin,

When I lived in MA, whenever they did the weather report, if it was supposed to rain they'd usually say "Expect flooding in low-lying areas" and we all used to mutter "eastern MA is a 'low lying area'"...

Back
Top Bottom