Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
OK, OK, I'll do it. Thanks for the advice.

I just spent about $4000 getting 4 crowns, and I had to negotiate all the "occlusal adjustments" down from what the dentist wanted........ Luckily, I have some good dental insurance, but am still out $900 or so.........

All because I tried a "recommended by dentists"product on the Internet to "fix" an alignment problem........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

hey tread lightly ... DW had a tooth ache her dentist wanted to perform a root canal on the spot ($1200 !!). She said "no" and left ... turned out to be a sinus infection.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Best to get it taken care of. It may surprise you all but there is a connection between poor dental health and heart disease. Check it out.

Poor oral health associated with coronary heart disease

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #24

shark teeth? we're lucky we don't have rodent teeth or we'd have to gnaw all day.

good to see yer getting the work done al. geez, sometimes getting people to do the right thing by themselves is like pulling teeth.

speaking of which, was chatting with an old friend earlier today who says she had a terrible two weeks. she had a cracked tooth which got infected and she wasn't aware of the infection which only became apparent to her when it spread to her cheek. only then the dentist wasn't working over the weekend so she had to suffer at home for three days in major pain. the tooth had to be extracted so now she is recovering from that.

and all she would have had to do was crown that crack. what's that saying: a stitch in time keeps you from looking like you're on crack? or something like that.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #25

Several years ago I was involved in an accident and later discovered that I cracked one of my molars when I apparently tightly clenched my teeth at impact. I had to have a major root canal and subsequent cap on it and thought my problems were over. Wrong. About three weeks later, I ended up in the hospital ER with symptoms very similar to that of a heart attack, especially strong pain in my jaw and my breastbone area. After many expensive tests, I was diagnosed with costochondritis -- inflamation of the cartilage between the ribs and the breastbone -- probably caused by the impact from the accident, compounded by a major infection in my jaw presumably caused by bacteria from the broken tooth.

I would never want to go through that again. Ever.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Sounds bad. Last week I had Costcochondritis from eating too many different kinds of free samples.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #27

good one! I guess I did serve that one up slow and easy, right over the plate!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Gabe loves going to costco, just for the samples. Runs from one little old lady to the next, gives them a big smile and gets his goodies. He's done so well a few times he's saved me the trouble of feeding him lunch...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever51 View Post
Several years ago I was involved in an accident and later discovered that I cracked one of my molars when I apparently tightly clenched my teeth at impact. I had to have a major root canal and subsequent cap on it and thought my problems were over. Wrong. About three weeks later, I ended up in the hospital ER with symptoms very similar to that of a heart attack, especially strong pain in my jaw and my breastbone area. After many expensive tests, I was diagnosed with costochondritis -- inflamation of the cartilage between the ribs and the breastbone -- probably caused by the impact from the accident, compounded by a major infection in my jaw presumably caused by bacteria from the broken tooth.

I would never want to go through that again. Ever.
that sounds awful!

i had a root canal fail - apparently occurs to about 5% fail, lucky me. 2 weeks after giving birth for the first time - boy was i unhappy about that. they shot some chloride something down to the infection site which increased the pain factor by 200%, like someone poking at your infection and holding - so after the original novacaine wore off, i was immediately in tears...

but that was when i learned all about the "pathways" the mouth can serve since they gave me all the warnings about, "go to the ER" if you feel pain in your chest, head, etc...i was stunned.