This is too much. From the announcement
- Must be 15 to 30 characters in length
- Contain at least two UPPERCASE letters
- Contain at least two lowercase letters
- Contain at least two numbers (0-9)
- Contain at least two of the following special characters:
- # (pound or number sign)]
- @ (at sign)
- $ (dollar sign)
- = (equal sign)
- ^ (caret)
- ! (exclamation)
- * (asterisk)
- _ (underline/underscore)
- Must NOT include any spaces
If you must write down your password on a piece of paper, make sure it stays locked up in a secure place. If you save it to your computer, flash drive or other media device, make sure the document is encrypted and/or password protected.
So, keep it protected by another password that is less secure?
As for the "if you must
write it down" (my emphasis) I couldn't even remember the rules, let alone a password that espires in 60 days. This is nuts. In most cases, more security is really less secure.
Originally Posted by nash031
Thank God for LastPass.