Did You Stay Up Until Midnight?

Did You Stay Up Until Midnight on New Year's Eve?

• Yes

Votes: 67 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 42.2%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If you stayed up until 12, answer "Yes." If you went to bed before 12, answer "No."

I had to wake up the young wife, who was sleeping on the couch, so I could kiss her for the New Year. Then we went to bed.

Yes, puppy and I saw in the New Year after some popcorn. Son called to give greetings and daughter came in at 1am from a friends home. Zonked out about 1 a.m. Did not even have a glass of cheer but played pipes (CD) of Auld Lang Syne during the day.

Watched Shrek 2, on TV....then the news and Sanford & Son...then festivities & the ball drop in NYC....after that more regular TV until about 11:50pm when we switched over to watch the fireworks along the Chicago lakefront at midnight! Watched our neighborhood pyro-nutz shoot off fireworks for a while, then hit the pillows! :)

I stayed up until midnight Central Time. BTW, I live in the Pacific Time zone :D

Up till 1:00 am with DD & two of her 14 y/o friends (had to oversee the fireworks to make sure they didn't set the woods on fire or do something else stupid) -

the party apparently continued indoors & upstairs for sometime after I went to bed. (probably with prank calls, texting, and who knows what other silliness)

For once I'm glad we have a largish house.

No. I bombed on the sofa. Damn dog nudged me around 11 to see if I was still alive. We both then went to bed. But when the fireworks in the neighborhood went off, I knew when the new year arrived.

Stayed up until 3:00 am which is just a bit later than my regular bed time.

Got home from visiting with friends at 1:30 am. Daughter called to wish us Happy New Year around 2:15 am. Went to bed at 2:30 but couldn't fall asleep until after 4:00. Got up this morning at 10:00. Spent most of the rest of the morning updating my financial spreadsheet for year-end summary. Total portfolio down 30.1% for the year (which included large wedding gift to son and trip to Brazil for the wedding). Oh well, hope 2009 is a better year.

I napped from 9-10 and then was up until 12:45... until the barrage died down and our kid was back in the house.

Yes, because the dog hates fireworks and thunder. So I was up until about 12:45.

The things I do to keep my 'attitude adjuster' happy.

-- Rita

Had a late dinner and watched The Dark Knight on DVD with DH. Stayed up to 1am. Glad to see 2008 go and have high hopes 2009 will be better.

Nah I only made it to 9 or so. At my ripe age that wine really does it to me :(

Came home from dinner (Hooter's wings!) around 10:30 or so...BF called from NJ (I am still in VA) about 11:50, konked out right after call! What a party animal~!

I napped from 9-10 and then was up until 12:45... until the barrage died down and our kid was back in the house.

I also napped. Slept from 9-11:15 then stayed up until 2.

We were home from dinner at 7:30pm. Fast asleep before 10pm. Yes, we're wild and crazy...

Went to bed at 12:05. Must be the first time in at least 5 years we stayed up until midnight, but I was so eager to see the last of 2008 that we made it.

I haven't gone to bed before midnight for a few years. I was up until 5:30 this morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom