Did You Vote?

youbet said:
Dey don't know nuttin'! When it comes to getting things organized and delivering the vote, Chicago Dems are the world leaders. And we get praised for it too. No investigations, no whining, just winners!

DanTien, not only do you still get to vote on da south side, your Ward Committeeman knows how you voted and knows how to return a favor! ;)
You right! Youbet -If that Bush guy had only contracted the machine to setup a political patronage system in Iraq, we would have been out of there 2 years ago! and Chicago would have had its own cut rate sweet deal on oil to boot!...well so it goes eh?...

DanTien said:
:LOL:

Sounds good! That would make quite a statement - Despondent DFLer found with "I Voted" stickers stuffed in olifactory orifices after Republ-icky upset - left note "I refuse To Stay The Course, would rather Cut Stuff and Run Choke"... hopefully We'll survive this and be around to elect Obama in 08... :)

:LOL: :LOL: Yeah. The good thing is we go out 'blue' from asphyxiation; the bad news is we can't visit Canada.

Martha said:
I just heard the the governor of South Carolina couldn't vote because he forgot his registration card. A bit embarrassing. :-\
So if he loses it's his fault...

DanTien said:
if the repubs keep control of the house and senate I'm either commiting suicide later tonight or moving to Canada or Italy or ?

Well, the Dems have seized control, so there's no need for you to move. And we'd miss you down here. But, if you ever do decide to go, it's easily arranged thanks to folks like these: http://www.marryanamerican.ca/

DanTien said:
I grew up there on the southside..I still vote there and I live in Minnesota! What a great country.. :D
Hey DanTien. Where on the south side? I was at 95th and Hamilton (near Western). Someone else (youbet I think?) is a former north sider.

youbet said:
Well, the Dems have seized control, so there's no need for you to move. And we'd miss you down here. But, if you ever do decide to go, it's easily arranged thanks to folks like these: http://www.marryanamerican.ca/
Well, I can certainly live with last night's results and its nice to know there are Canadians who would want me...
donheff said:
Hey DanTien. Where on the south side? I was at 95th and Hamilton (near Western). Someone else (youbet I think?) is a former north sider.
Hey Don, I come from a mixed family - father from the west side - Austin - and mother from Woodlawn - I started off near Jackson Park and then decamped to the outerlimits - Homewood! You would be Evergreen Park right?....remember going to the Beverly theater

Have something against polls Dan? I mean for this thread.

DW and I voted absentee monday - Yessssssss... Ohio voting machines now have a paper trail so that it's possible to independently verify the vote - a big improvement over last time!

I spent Election Day camped out (6am til 9pm) as an official election observer for voter protection in a downtown polling place. We had 10 voting machines (with paper trails) one of which never came up all day; the rest worked well throughout the day. Thankfully, I saw no irregularities - just a lot of people who wanted to vote. By 8:30 pm the 'long reports' from the 9 functional voting machines were taped to the outside door of the polling place.

It was a long and satisfying day!

JohnP

DanTien said:
You would be Evergreen Park right?....remember going to the Beverly theater
I was just inside the Chicago city limits - 5 blocks east of Western. I spent many a Saturday at the Beverly Theater. I can remember sitting in the front row arguing with a kid who said the screen was made of tissue paper. I threw an empty Good & Plenty box at the screen and was horrified to see a little dark opening appear. Luckily no one caught me. :LOL: Note: that is my clear and distinct memory of the event. But some know-it-alls have told me I suffer from false memory syndrome - they say screens were never made of tissue. Do we have any trivia masters out there who can resolve that debate?

Sorry for the hijack ;)

donheff said:
Someone else (youbet I think?) is a former north sider.

Yep, started out in Humbolt Park but moved way out northwest to Oriole Park, 5400 north and 7600 west. I went to Taft, DW went to Schurz and her siblings went to Lane Tech. In the burbs now, but I can see the skyline from my roof.

Dad was a city worker, so I spent lots of hours involved in little chores for the precinct/ward around election time.

It took us 45 minutes to vote due to long lines and too few voting machines. Many people stood at the machines dumbly not knowing what to do, I didn't think the new computerized systems were that hard, but I empathize.

Azanon said:
Have something against polls Dan? I mean for this thread.
I really don't care too much for polls here on the forum Aza. Results are unreliable, not a true sample, not everyone votes, just attracts poll groupies, of limited use really, a cheap droll entertainment , and one of the pollsters god love him is a dimwitted rank amateur...but that is life on a forum you have to take the good with the bad and the really good with the really bad. :)

DanTien said:
I really don't care too much for polls here on the forum Aza. Results are unreliable, not a true sample, not everyone votes, just attracts poll groupies, of limited use really, a cheap droll entertainment , and one of the pollsters god love him is a dimwitted rank amateur...but that is life on a forum you have to take the good with the bad and the really good with the really bad. :)

:LOL:

Wife and I voted after she got off work, then went to a nice restaurant for dinner. Went home and watched TV election results for an hour then went to bed. This morning, I was disappointed reading the incomplete results in the Sacramento Bee. Slimeball Dolittle won. Weight-lifting, B movie actor and "doze kinda tings," back for four more years. Billions of dollars in Bond measures approved. I don't believe the majority of Callifornia voters, informed by TV commercials only, have any idea of what they were voting for or how those bonds will be paid off. 13 propositions on the ballot because our full time legislators can't make any decisions as a body, and some attention starved people will sign any petition, proposed by anybody, shoved in their face.

I am extremely happy with the national results, Rumsfeld's resignation, and the possibility that some accountability might be restored in our federdal government. But California has gone to hell in a hand basket.

donheff said:
I was just inside the Chicago city limits - 5 blocks east of Western. I spent many a Saturday at the Beverly Theater. I can remember sitting in the front row arguing with a kid who said the screen was made of tissue paper. I threw an empty Good & Plenty box at the screen and was horrified to see a little dark opening appear. Luckily no one caught me. :LOL: Note: that is my clear and distinct memory of the event. But some know-it-alls have told me I suffer from false memory syndrome - they say screens were never made of tissue. Do we have any trivia masters out there who can resolve that debate?
Right, more like Beverly then...I remember seeing a tear in the screen :D

Elderdude said:
I am extremely happy with the national results, Rumsfeld's resignation, and the possibility that some accountability might be restored in our federdal government. But California has gone to hell in a hand basket.

You are in serious need of professional help.

JG

DanTien said:

Get a grip man! :D

JG

Please..turn that key, open that door............people like you are a waste of space! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom