Disputed CC bill - company name different

CardsFan

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been seeing a dermatologist and had skin cancer confirmed. (all OK right now). So, I get bills from the dermatologist, bills from the lab and bills from the surgery center. I usually pay bills online, thru bank or CC.

So, I check my CC statement today, and there is a charge from a Dermatology center over a thousand miles away. I call, dispute the charge, card is cancelled with a new one on the way. All is good.

Then I start thinking if it could be legitimate. So I check my records, and sure enough I paid the exact same amount to the surgery center. On line, with the same CC.

So, my first reaction is that I am a dolt, and should have checked this first.

But, after further thought I am really ticked of at the way some businesses, and often they are medical professionals, bill.

This one company is AAAA, they bill my insurance as BBBB, it gets rejected, and then they bill as AAAA and all is good. Then I get my bill, saying send the money to CCCC. I go to the website and pay, and it shows on the CC statement as DDDD (and in a different state).

How the Heck am I supposed to know DDDD is the same as AAAA?:mad:

Any one else have similar experiences?

Not had to cancel a card. But I do have the AAAA, BBBB, CCCC problem with Medicare. I get a bill from a provider. Medicare benefits may say a different provider submitted and was paid, and the Supplement sometimes say a different name was paid. It is difficult to track with any accuracy. I feel your pain.

I match based on day of service provided and dollar amount.

Same thing happened to me. It was a small billing for a service related to writing. The company was in England, and the name was unrecognized.

When I pay bills online with a credit card, I get an email receipt. I attach a label to it, called Receipt. The email stays in my Inbox until I match it up with the credit card statement. Paper receipts are handled similarly, put in a file folder, and matched up with the credit card statement. A simple check mark on the receipt or bill shows that it's been matched.

It also annoys me when I get something from company XX and the CC says I was charged by YY from some other State.

I've seriously dug through my receipts and looked at it, realizing the name is different, but the price and date is the same, as the one I was expecting to charge me but never did.

Back
Top Bottom