DMV Horror Tales

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-hom...Things-the-DMV-Will-Not-Tell- You?mod=weekend

"Personalized plates indicate that the person bearing them wants to be noticed," says Phil Messina, a retired New York City police officer and founder of a self-defense school in Lindenhurst, N.Y. "The downside of doing things that tend to 'get you noticed' is that they can get you noticed by the wrong kind of people."

I have always thought that this must be so also. Why pay a premium for a "sign" that says "look at me" when I am occupying my automobile? How many of my fellow ERs have a vanity plate on their car and why?

I had a vanity plate in the early eighties... I thought it was funny, but no one else did.

The plate burned on the side off the road still attached the marginal vehicle it was attached to.

The car was a [-]lunch pail with wheels[/-] Renault Le Car
The plate said: LE TGV

I had YAKERS for several years, I need to see if is has been reissued to anyone CA. My wife has MIATATA for her Miata, that is what younger son named it.

I never heard them called "vanity plates" until I moved to CA. The CA plates had owners profession or passion or something cutesy. Before that, they were "personalized" and frequently just had owners initials. I will put something on my hobby car, tho

We just applied for a 'vanity' plate recently.

I did used to have a license plate frame that said:

"I'm from the government.... and I'm here to help you"

I'm going to have to wait for the current owner to give up this one:

Attachments

• AAOOGA dive alarm license plate.JPG
    AAOOGA dive alarm license plate.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom