Do as I say, not as I do...

Don't 'cha just love it? This is not quite so good as Reverand Swaggart picking up hookers on the freeway...but almost...:rolleyes:

That's really sad and fortunately she was pulled over before hurting someone.

I note the article says she is "the former president of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving chapter in Gainesville." Apparently the chapter was open for several years in the 1990s and closed in 1996; she was president for 3 years. The media headlines make it sound like she's the president of the whole MADD national organization (now who would think the media would blow something up out of proportion :) ). Imagine the calls the MADD national president has been getting the last two weeks. Comment from national organization's website:

There have been some recent news reports about the alleged drunk driving arrest of Debra Oberlin, who served as a volunteer with the Gainesville, FL chapter of MADD nearly 20 years ago. While MADD is concerned to hear about this incident, we commend law enforcement for their efforts to keep our roads safe and are hopeful that no one was hurt as a result. In 2009 alone, nearly 11,000 lives were lost due to drunk driving and another 400,000 people were injured in alcohol-related crashes in the U.S. It is our hope that this recent occurrence will serve as a reminder to others to plan ahead for a safe ride if their plans include alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom