Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-07-2008, 12:57 AM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Wow, E-R just taught me why Snoop Dog likes to rap in words that rhyme with pizzle. I never woulda thought. But back to the OP's question...

I like just enough makeup to bring out the woman's best features, but not enough that you notice it. It must be appropriate for the situation. If the woman is at, say, a Sex and the City party, with no makeup then I might wonder about her. But there's nothing worse than a woman who can't go camping because there's no place to plug in the curling iron. It's definitely more about fitting in than showing off.

Expensive shoes are lost on me, but I must admit a charge at seeing a woman pull off a pair of stylish boots in a sophisticated setting.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2008, 03:56 AM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

Sarah

When I looked at your avatar I thought you had nice legs....I didn't even notice your shoes!....no offense!

I can tell you that I usually don't dress up but when I do I notice that it attracts attention.

Here is something that everyone can do just for kicks. I got on the website hot or not and posted a photo of myself smiling wearing jeans and a plain sweatshirt. And then I posted a picture of me smiling wearing dress pants and shoes and a dress shirt. I'm the same weight on each with the same hair style and clean shaven.

Dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt my rating was horrible people thought I was really ugly I guess. But when I posted the picture of me dressed up I was rated VERY high. So this goes to show you how much that matters I guess.

A girl I was friends with actually came over to the girl's house that I was taking to the prom just to see us dressed up. She was like giddy from seeing me dressed up....and she has seen me like 1000 times.

I know a guy that is not rich for sure and is about 5-7 and over 200 pounds easy and is totally bald and 70 years old. He is always dressed well and he is a chick magnet. He divorced his wife and had girls asking him out within like a month.

So I'm certainly not the norm when it comes to not caring about how a girl dresses!

I also LOVE small chests!

Jim

Old 10-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer2007 View Post
I know a guy that is not rich for sure and is about 5-7 and over 200 pounds easy and is totally bald and 70 years old. He is always dressed well and he is a chick magnet. He divorced his wife and had girls asking him out within like a month.
Of course, when you reach that age, the "dating game" is stacked way n favor of men, because there are a lot more single/widowed/divorced women over 70 than men of the same category...
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
As I have mentioned, I am female and heterosexual (and apparently 'think like a man'), and I recall (while still working) I had no idea what the women were talking about concerning handbags/shoes/fashion.

"I got this 'Farfle" handbag for only $200."
WTF! I don't even carry a handbag.

"These 'Narfling' designer jeans were only $100."
Mine cost $4 at the thrift store.

I have recently begun making social contacts after years of being a hermit, but I am NOT going to wear makeup or wear heels.

I dress up as the occasion warrants, and wear some jewelry and perfume (both minimal).

Maybe it's a positive that I appear 'low maintenance'.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #65
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
... I am NOT going to wear makeup or wear heels.
No matter, I can see from your avatar that you like to show cleavage. BTW, is that blouse you're wearing made from fine Corinthian leather?

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
No matter, I can see from your avatar that you like to show cleavage. BTW, is that blouse you're wearing made from fine Corinthian leather?
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #67
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Kkkkkkhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #68

I like to show some cleavage too.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by free4now View Post
Expensive shoes are lost on me, but I must admit a charge at seeing a woman pull off a pair of stylish boots in a sophisticated setting.
For example, your bedroom?

Ha
Old 10-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #70
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
... try shoes. You remember the story of lazarus...

ha
Maybe so, but I find most guys quake at the sight of a woman who's significantly taller than they are. Put heels on me and I'm suddenly pro basketball height (6'3), and even normally intelligent guys can only squawk out "Wow, you're tall. How tall are you?" (answer: Taller than you, bud. How 'bout them Cubs?) Maybe for all you petite little things at 5'9 or below it works fine.

On the flip side, I rarely got any flak at my job as a health inspector. Most people won't quibble with a six-footer wielding a clipboard...
Old 10-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #71

Quote:
Err.... I suppose that would qualify. But my vote would be for leaving 'em on.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchina View Post
Maybe so, but I find most guys quake at the sight of a woman who's significantly taller than they are. Put heels on me and I'm suddenly pro basketball height (6'3), and even normally intelligent guys can only squawk out "Wow, you're tall. How tall are you?" (answer: Taller than you, bud. How 'bout them Cubs?) Maybe for all you petite little things at 5'9 or below it works fine.
My wife is an inch taller than me when we're both barefoot, and hence 3"-5" taller in heels. I never felt particularly insecure about it. I just hate a lot of the assumptions about short men being undesirable losers with a Napoleon complex. When you see so many "women seeking men" personal ads with women specifically seeking six-footers, it is a little discouraging if you're single -- and sometimes, even if you're not. Who wants to feel undesirable, even if you're already partnered up with the one who is so good for you?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

On the flip side, I rarely got any flak at my job as a health inspector. Most people won't quibble with a six-footer wielding a clipboard...
I don't suppose they would!

As tall as you are, your legs must be very long. Add some heel, and kabam! you will separate the men from the boys. A man has to have a pretty good line on his mama complex to be comfortable with a tall and beautiful woman.

Ha
Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Tall women get all kinds of crap; OTOH it's hard to be taken seriously when you're 5'3" and small boned.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #75
Full time employment: Posting here.

Fair enough, Khan. I've never had a problem being taken seriously, probably not since second grade.

It's probably harder for a guy to be short than a woman to be tall. I dated men who were shorter that me and height was never the issue.

So, to keep this from being a total thread hijack, I'd say confidence is probably noted more than makeup or clothes, hmmm.

Oh, and Ha, thanks! My manly husband will agree with you.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #76

Quote:
It's probably harder for a guy to be short than a woman to be tall.
Thank you. As a relatively short guy myself (about 5' 7.5"), I was going to point this out but thought better of it. Now I don't have to.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Thank you. As a relatively short guy myself (about 5' 7.5"), I was going to point this out but thought better of it. Now I don't have to.
Speaking as a female 5'3", I find a man 5'7" to be just fine.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #78

Speaking as a tall, skinny man (6'0", 165# soaking wet) I have once been told I look like I am 6/3"-200# by women, so size is relative and deceiving.

Know why the tall woman hurt the short man really bad? He told her that her hair smelled nice.

I'm here all week. LOL.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #79
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Ha
Or the men's room at a truckstop...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #80

Nice, HFWR, real nice.
Men!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote