Join Early Retirement Today

Do people gain money from Facebook pages?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Dryer sheet wannabe

Do people gain money from Facebook pages?

I am wondering about some Facebook pages those post just some pics, quotes, videos....etc pages which is not related to brand or public figure...

What do those people gain from these pages even if they reached million of likes?

Ads? For sure not because if someone wants to make an advertisement for anything he can create a page for free for his product and it will be more effective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Do a search on "'Like' Farming".

You can start a page called "Yummy recipes" and post delectable, cholesterol-laden, diabetic-coma-inducing recipes every day and add, "Be sure to post this on your timeline..." I have friends who comply with great regularity. They do not appreciate it when I look up the nutritional info and post it. (Reese's peanut butter pie: one-sixth of one has 1,441 calories and 87 grams of fat. )

When your page gets hugely popular, FB takes notice and you can reap revenue from banner ads. That's when it becomes marketable to others, who can buy it and completely change the content if they want.

I sigh every time I see silly contests, "Please repost this if you love your grandchildren", "Here's a smile for you this morning"., ad nauseum.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
Do a search on "'Like' Farming".

You can start a page called "Yummy recipes" and post delectable, cholesterol-laden, diabetic-coma-inducing recipes every day and add, "Be sure to post this on your timeline..." I have friends who comply with great regularity. They do not appreciate it when I look up the nutritional info and post it. (Reese's peanut butter pie: one-sixth of one has 1,441 calories and 87 grams of fat. )

When your page gets hugely popular, FB takes notice and you can reap revenue from banner ads. That's when it becomes marketable to others, who can buy it and completely change the content if they want.

I sigh every time I see silly contests, "Please repost this if you love your grandchildren", "Here's a smile for you this morning"., ad nauseum.

Didn't understand exactly your point, how can I reap revenue from banner ads, I think it is something completely belongs and paid to Facebook. Or you mean something else by "banner ads"

The second point that if the page became very popular, it may be sold to someone with a good amount of money, but not anyone will pay tens of thousands for a Facebook page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

OK, I garbled it a bit there. This article is an example of an explanation.

On Facebook, click 'like' can help scammers - CNN.com

The money comes from selling the page after it's become hugely popular, so the new owner can strip it and change it from "Please re-post this if you love small, fuzzy animals" to "Miracle weight loss formula!!!"