Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
I look almost exactly like Mother as I age (I have mentioned one morning a few years ago being briefly disoriented when I looked at the mirror and saw her).
When I was in high school I was dating an Italian girl. She taught me that if I wanted to know what an Italian girl is going to look like when she's older, look at her mama. Andrea was built, gorgeous, and a great guitarist. Mama was huge (although still beautiful), and the best cook I ever met. I haven't seen Andrea since high school, but I've always been curious how that turned out.

"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Will Rogers
DW and I - FIREd at 50 (7/06), living off assets
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
I look more like my dad...what does that say about me? ....(well from the neck up)....

There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW's daughter, in her mid thirties is beginning to look like DW, which seems OK with her (the daughter), what pi$$es her off is that she now is starting do things and developed taste in decor like that of her mother.

Of course when she was young the daughter swore that she will never do anything like her mom.
There must be moderation in everything, including moderation.
ls99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I must have a generic face because people are always saying I look like somebody they know.
When I was working, I got this reaction a lot! I must have been a popular version when I was produced back when mammoths roamed the earth! Once I was getting on a plane when the flight attendant asked me, "Oh, you're back already?" I asked her about it, and she swore that a woman looking exactly like me had just taken the flight into my airport that morning.

I actually sought out one of these "doubles" and didn't see the resemblance at all.

My brother, on the other hand, is an exact double of the golfer Nick Faldo, same height, same walk, mannerisms, everything except the accent. He's been surrounded at the airport by fans begging him for his autograph...and for golf tips. That's the funny doesn't golf!
Achiever51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #45
Dryer sheet wannabe
I have been told many times, by total strangers, that I look like Robert Dinero. Probably hear it out of the blue about a dozen times a year. I just don't see it myself but there must be something to it. I will gladly take a small part of his fortune however... ;-)
Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #46
gone traveling
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I don't look like anyone, I guess. I do know of a local lady with my exact first and last (maiden) name and exact birth day and month (but 3 years older). I don't think we look alike, as the mutual friend didn't say so, and I've never met her.
When I was in high school, living in a very small city outside KC, I had a next-door neighbor, same age, with the same first name, middle initial, and last name- he was killed a couple of years out of high school in a car wreck when I was away at college- It was a gruesome crash that was widely reported in the local and state news, of course mentioning the name and city of residence. I came back for the funeral, and it was surreal- many of the greater KC residents in the crowd showed up thinking it was me. They were shocked to see me there, to say the least. My folks received phone calls and cards for a couple of weeks. It was a really strange experience.

maybe I'll go to Wilford Brimley's funeral...

Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote