Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Do you have a tattoo?
Yes- from my younger years 6 4.14%
No- and never will 119 82.07%
Yes- got one in recent years 5 3.45%
No- but thinking about getting one 13 8.97%
Yes- I have multiple tattoos 2 1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

No tattoo for me, but I have nothing against them.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2014, 01:58 AM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

This thread reminded me of this Dilbert strip from 2001:

Dilbert comic strip for 05/09/2001 from the official Dilbert comic strips archive.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #43

A low Tooth to Tattoo ratio in these parts is not desirable, unless it is the beholder of course. The stereotype seems to be that it is directly proportional to education and IQ. So rather than appear stereotypical, I would steer clear.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #44
Full time employment: Posting here.

Pic of my 20 year old stepdaughters tatoo. Ugh! But at least it looks like it was well done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tarantula Tat.jpg (36.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTravlin View Post
Pic of my 20 year old stepdaughters tatoo. Ugh! But at least it looks like it was well done.
Very colorful, even has shadows.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREd View Post
No tattoo for me, but I have nothing against them.
+1. If some notion ever came up that I wanted to make permanent, and I figured out where to put it, I'd probably get something small. I sometimes think my DH and I are the only folks we know without one in our wide circle of peeps.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
That is one interesting tattoo. Whoa.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #48

Quote:
I bet that one gets her boy friends a little nervous.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #49
Dryer sheet aficionado

Absolutely not! How can you improve upon perfection?
Old 01-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #50
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It's quite the piece of art! But it still makes me uncomfortable.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
I bet that one gets her boy friends a little nervous.
And they have good reason to be!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
And they have good reason to be!

She will quickly weed out the arachnophobes, to start with.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:30 PM   #53

No tattos for me. OTOH Ricardo Montalban had a living breathing walkin talking one.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

Yes I do ... triathlete for many (15+) yrs and got an IM or so-called M-DOT tattoo after doing my first full ironman. Its been over 10 yrs on my ankle and I rarely give it second thought now unless someone asks about it. Not disappointed that I have/got it, but not sure I would do so now. DW has one on her back as well. Same reaction from her. They've made the 'why can't I get a tattoo/piercing/etc' dabates with our teenagers a little harder
Old 01-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTim View Post
They've made the 'why can't I get a tattoo/piercing/etc' dabates with our teenagers a little harder
Just ask them if they really want to look like 'old people'.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #56
Recycles dryer sheets

I checked "No and never getting one" on the poll, however I didn't like the "never getting one" part because, while I'm not "thinking about getting one," I can't say I might not want to someday. Nothing really against them, but just never had the urge. Ya never know though. (I do have an old piercing for an earring I don't wear anymore. Also a beard, & hair over my shoulders.)
Old 01-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

I don't have any tats, long hair, pony tail, beard, stash, etc...I just have a bunch of big scars from some not-too-good life experience events and a new hip install.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #58

No.
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #59
Confused about dryer sheets

Just one, right when I turned 18. No regrets!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #60

OK....guess I will be the negative nanny here.....WHY did you get a tattoo? All too often I see "because it reminds me of an important event in my life"....give me a break.....if it's that important.....do you have trouble remembering it Really? For most people....it's fashion. I got married.....do I NEED a tattoo to remind me I got married? A difficult time of my life.....do I need a tattoo to remind me of this? Huh? Am I missing something? If it's THAT difficult of a time.....you would have to be brain dead not to remember it. In my opinion (hatred from other people comes here)....you need OTHER people to know you had difficult times/marriage/drunk etc .......tattoo's are not necessary......you choose to have them. I choose to be boring.....with freckles......
Tattoo Statistics Annual amount of U.S. spending on tattoos $1.65 Billion Total percent of Americans (all ages) who have at least one tattoo 14 % Percentage of U.S. adults 18 – 25 who have at least one tattoo 36 % Percentage of U.S. adults 26 – 40 who have at least one tattoo 40 % Total number of Americans that have at least one tattoo 45 million Number of tattoo parlors in the U.S. 21,000 Average cost of a small tattoo $ 45 Average cost of a large tattoo $150 / hour Percentage of U.S. population who have covered up a tattoo with another tattoo 5 % Percentage of people with tattoos who claim they are addicted to ink 32 % Percentage of people who have some regret after getting their tattoo 17 % Percentage of people with a tattoo who are getting or have had one removed 11 % Factors Considered When Getting A Tattoo Percentage of people with tattoos who think the reputation of tattoo artist or tattoo studio is the most important factor 49 % Percentage of people with tattoos who think price is the most important factor 8 % Percentage of people with tattoos who think a tattoo with a personal meaning is the most important factor 43 % How People Feel About Their Tattoo Total percentage of people with tattoos who say their tattoo makes them feel rebellious 29 % Percentage of people with a tattoo that say it makes them feel more sexy 31 % Percentage of people with tattoos who say their tattoo makes them feel more intelligent 5 %