Do you have more than one forum account?

I did not realize that it was against the forum rules to have more than one account. I will just have to find some other place to get some of my more sensitive questions answered. Thank you all for your input.

I suppose you could ask the mods if you could close your current account, and open a new, more anonymous one. Unless you make references to the old posts, or repeated some stories or unique writing style, I think it would be unlikely that anyone would make the connection.

Or for strictly financial questions, I would think Bogleheads would fit the bill for you with a more anonymous name there.

-ERD50

Is that you Dave? :D

DOH!

I'm not sure it's all that likely that anyone would a) discover the linkage between the username and the real you, and b) do something harmful to you. Both would have to happen to make a difference. That being said, I have been 'found-out' in the real world, but I use the same username more than just here. But even with that, I never tried to 'hide' from my employer. I didn't want to 'tip my hand', but figured that if they did 'know it was me', it would still be only hearsay.

It's more an issue of I don't want the connection between things I say and who I am. At one forum my real name, town and state have been posted by someone several times. It's an informal place and there's no malice involved there but I am known. At BH for example I don't want that connection so I have not just a different user name and avatar but a few. One is the same as the 1st place mentioned but I have stopped using it except in rare instances. I discuss my financial level there and so I don't want the connection made back here based upon things I say or how it's said. I guess it's just me being me! ;)

Back
Top Bottom