Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Do you love your golf shoes?
Old 06-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Do you love your golf shoes?

I'm in need of a new pair of golf shoes and would prefer spikeless. I'd like a pair with a good amount of room at the toes (width wise). I had a pair of Nikes previously and it felt like they smashed my toes together. I don't really need water proof but would consider it if the price was right.

So, do you love your golf shoes and if so, what brand? Any recommendations on the best place to buy them?
Carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

footjoys fit my feet really well

I have a few pair of dryjoy tours, a few pair of footjoy icons, a few pair of other footjoys

https://www.budgetgolf.com/footjoy-d...rown_croc.html

https://www.budgetgolf.com/footjoy-d...lack-croc.html

I've also had a lot of luck buying footjoys off ebay - make sure you like the last (mold) of the shoe first though

i've tried addidas, nike, callaway and new balance - new balance fit okay but i'm not into the sneaker style golf shoe. I do have two pair of them though.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #3

I have these and I like them:
https://www.budgetgolf.com/footjoy-s...hite-navy.html

The main thing I look for is that they are waterproof. I’ve had other FootJoys (dryjoys) and they have been good shoes. I went with the spikeless shoes this time and after one season, I’m satisfied. I think if you find something from FootJoy that fits you well and is waterproof, you’ll be happy with them.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

I have a pair similar to these. Very comfortable.

https://www.tgw.com/footjoy-mens-cas...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 06-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
I have a pair similar to these. Very comfortable.

https://www.tgw.com/footjoy-mens-cas...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
i tried a pair of those - really comfy but they don't grip worth a flip

if I could I'd play golf with nails on the bottom of my shoes, I hate slipping
Old 06-21-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

New Balance makes decent golf shoes in X-wide sizes. I have wide feet and often use my New Balance trail running shoes, grip just as good as spikeless golf shoes and much more comfortable to me, especially since I walk most of the time. I keep a pair of regular golf shoes around when playing in wet conditions.
zinger1457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #7

+1 on New Balance. Have several pairs.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.

Another vote for Footjoys!
Old 06-21-2019, 08:19 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

I love my Ecco shoes with the boa lacing system. I started with Footjoys in wide, but they weren’t that comfortable, because my whole foot isn’t that wide - I need the width in the toe box only because of a neuroma. The Eccos are great, and the boa lacing allows you to change the tightness of the shoe in a few seconds. Not inexpensive, but worth it.
Persn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
i tried a pair of those - really comfy but they don't grip worth a flip

if I could I'd play golf with nails on the bottom of my shoes, I hate slipping
I love the spikeless. No slipping for me. Just ordered a pair of these....

https://www.budgetgolf.com/ecco-stre...YaAl-7EALw_wcB
Old 06-21-2019, 09:43 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

Sketchers GoGolf Elite. I find them more comfortable than my Footjoys and the spikeless design is far superior to that of the Footjoys.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I don’t remember owning anything other than FootJoys, I love mine but I have a narrow foot (unlike the OP?). Right now I rotate between my FJ DryJoys Tours and FJ Contours. I’ve shied away from spikeless, but one of these days I’m sure I’ll try some - probably FJ, Adidas or Nike (as I’ve had good experiences with the latter two in running shoes).

I would not buy Skechers as they openly and actively rip off technology from other shoe manufacturers. YMMV

https://www.fastcompany.com/1696887/...hemselves-foot

https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/07...t-350-rip-off/

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:30 AM   #13

I have more golf shoes than I do regular shoes. Pretty much a Footjoy person but I've had good luck with Sketchers as well as Adidas.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:08 AM   #14

I am an Adidas fan. Was Footjoy for a long time but found their shoes to be too narrow. I know they now have different styles but once I converted to Adidas I was happy with my choice.

In everyday life my wife would say I'm a slob but really in jeans and tee shirts (long and short). However in my golf life I've become "one of those guys" who love to coordinate.

So, after jettisoning several pair I think I'm down to eight pair. Two pair have spikes. One of those is strictly winter golf for wet weather. Otherwise I'm a spikeless shoe golfer with flat shoes of different colors. My favorite three are red/black flame pattern, blue/black flame pattern and grey plaid.

My best friend has probably a dozen pair and lays them out in the back of his SUV in a neat row. He's one of the guys who wears Loudmouth pants or knickers, etc. Quite the stylish person.

Today we play our Member/Member together and we should be an interesting visual pair.