• I am still working and nap frequently

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I am still working and nap occasionally

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • I am still working and never nap

Votes: 11 11.7%

• Total voters
What? Oh..I must have dozed off a bit..:LOL:

Every day. Once in a while, twice in a day. Best part of my day, and the best sleep I get. :)

Normally in the Winter, I don't take any naps.....I guess mostly because I don't do enough to get tuckered out. However, during Spring, Summer, and Fall, when there's all sorts of stuff to do and/or get done outdoors in the yard and gardens, I usually squeeze a short siesta into my afternoon agenda....besides, it's usually too warm (or HOT) in the afternoon to being hustling around much outdoors!

So my occasional afternoon siestas will resume before too much longer....when Spring arrives in just 59 more days! :flowers:

Yep - 16 yrs retired and nap all the time. Plus I go to sleep whenever I feel like it - cause I have no set hours.

Except for the discipline imposed by the dogs when they want to go out and whiz - or play.

:D

heh heh heh - I did the lunchtime nap in late working years - when cubicles and naps became 'politically correct.' :ROFLMAO: ;)

I rarely nap unless I''m going to have a 20 hour w*rkday (which sometimes happens). The problem with those naps is that I can't really sleep I instead try to relax and close my eyes for a few minutes - maybe 15. This helps keep me alert for the last few hours.

On the flip side of your question I sleep like a zombie and usually for almost 9 hours; I figure that's enough sleep and I prolly don't need to nap.

I nap a lot.

It frustrates my wife because she has trouble napping, needs blinds shut no noise etc. and still sometimes just lays there unsuccessfully for an hour.

However I could nap on the median of a busy intersection in broad daylight if I wanted, plus can nap in short increments 20 minutes etc.

I sometimes nap (unintentionally) in front of the TV at night when I'm supposed to be watching the shows with wifey. :( I can't really help it, I'm just totally relaxed and I start to doze off.

It used to make her mad but I think she got used to it. Now she either finishes the show on her own (which I encourage her to do), or she'll cut over and watch something else.

I nap a lot.
However I could nap on the median of a busy intersection in broad daylight if I wanted, plus can nap in short increments 20 minutes etc.
... and hanging by one ankle in a high wind, too.

I nap at least 30 minutes daily, sometimes over an hour. But I rarely sleep for more than six hours at a stretch unless I'm absolutely physically exhausted and full of ibuprofen.

During the last couple of years at work, I would come home, eat dinner, and nap for about a half hour through the evening news. After turning 60, work became more tiring for me or something and napping was the result.

Now that I am retired, I nap but less predictably. I might nap in the early afternoon, late afternoon, or not at all. It is great to be able to sleep anytime, at will.

I answered "never nap". "Occasionally nap" didn't seem to fit my habits since I nap very rarely - perhaps 3 or 4 times a year. The only time I nap is if I've been ill with a cold or flu or have gone through a period of unusual emotional distress.

I have the best job....if I don't have any clients I nap, both at home and at the clinic! I love not having to do busywork!!!!

Every day. A bit after lunch for half an hour or so. Began doing it on purpose when I ERed. But I am out and about at 7 am on weekdays so that my working DW doesn´t get green with envy:)! And I don´t go back to bed once she off to work:)!!.

I wish I could nap as I think it is a very healthy habit. I can nap a bit if I am not feeling well, but otherwise it is a rare thing for me to be able to nap at all. I think that people who are wired to be more relaxed are able to take power naps. Unfortunately I run a little on the uptight side and can't relax enough during the day to sneak in a little nap. Maybe when I retire...

I always have a problem when it comes to napping, whether it be for 5-10 minutes or an hour in that I have a hard time falling asleep at night if I do.

There were times when I didn't have a good nights sleep and when I came home from work I was so tired I would sit on the sofa just to relax, only to hear, "if you fall alseep you'll have a hard time tonight". It's funny how 10 minutes of napping makes going to sleep at night all that more difficult.

I'm in the "love-to-nap-and-it-drives-my-wife-crazy" group.

Why is that?

My subspecialty is the 15 minute type, mid-day. Doesn't seem to affect nighttime sleep.

I'm in the "love-to-nap-and-it-drives-my-wife-crazy" group.

Why is that?

My subspecialty is the 15 minute type, mid-day. Doesn't seem to affect nighttime sleep.

My DH is the same way. He loves his naps. The only time it drive me crazy is when he naps on our "comfy couch" when I want to watch something on the big TV.

In retirement, almost never unless I'm sick or something disturbed the previous night's sleep.

While working, I did like to shut my office door and "rest my eyes" for a few minutes if I was having a meeting-free afternoon. No, I never fell out of the chair, but there were a few close calls!

I always have a problem when it comes to napping, whether it be for 5-10 minutes or an hour in that I have a hard time falling asleep at night if I do.

There were times when I didn't have a good nights sleep and when I came home from work I was so tired I would sit on the sofa just to relax, only to hear, "if you fall alseep you'll have a hard time tonight". It's funny how 10 minutes of napping makes going to sleep at night all that more difficult.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/my-personal-napping-study-results-37284.html#post686147

OHHH, the joys of napping.... I had to put down occasionally... because that is where I am now...

I USED to nap every day when I got home from work... a nice 30 minutes to and hour... then did stuff until 12:30 to 1 am.. then about 6 hours of sleep..

NOW... after getting married.. I sometimes nap at work in front of the computer... they got pictures at my old job.. my new boss does not think it 'looks good'... wants me to go to the doctor to see if something is wrong with me... but he said I am the most productive person he has had in this job...

I do nap at home sometimes... the other day we had people over... were watching a football game and I just fell asleep... for about 5 minutes.. the son of couple said "I wish I could fall asleep that fast"... usually I do not, but I was talking... and then asleep...

Naps are good!!!

My philosophy is if you are that tired, sleep! Your body must need it. (finally got my retired housemate to change her perspective on napping!) I try not to nap after w*rk - because I am a royal grouch upon waking in the evening...but love to curl up with a book and just nap when I feel like it on lazy weekends.

Meet my cat Eddie. He has elevated "the nap" to an art form.

Attachments

• Eddie nap.jpg
    Eddie nap.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom