Do You Need to Take a Cold Shower?

Keep in mind that some of the worst 'science' is done in the name of human health.

Remember when eggs were bad, coffee was bad, trans-fats were good, and sugar bomb cereals were 'healthy' for the heart?

I saw an interview with a PGA tour golfer that said he was taking cold showers at night for some of the benefits listed in the article. I'm with Al........not for me.

The only 3 reasons I can think of:

1. If you have burns / heatstroke / Sunstroke or chemical exposure.

2. Seriously considering buying a Timeshare .

3. Seriously considering running for any public office or Board, H.O.A. 's included.

4. I really don't think any health benefits are evident, just some non medical theory on the OP article. Probably would not cause damage to a healthy young person. I would avoid if over 40 or so. just my opinion.

Contrary to my usual sarcastic posts, I an absolutely serious on these.

I took cold showers after reaching puberty................

Last cold shower was during a week long power outage. Didn't care for it..

I occasionally jump in the ~38°F river after a soak in hot springs. That's a great experience.

Actually a lady there told me I was crazy for doing so. "That will stop your heart".

We swimmers took cold showers in high school before our heat. The Theory being it amped you up and got you ready for a sprint.

I’ve been known to douse my feet in ice water. I do it nearly daily in the dog days of summer. The shock leads to euphoria.

But Cold showers are miserable. I don’t know why it’s so much different than a cold plunge in a body of water.

Today, was my first hot shower in two weeks. It is fall here, so the cold showers were not so bad. I do not think I would gain any benefit, as my body was never fully immersed in the water and was more of a splash shower. I did enjoy the end when I washed my hair and face.

In the summer, I sometimes lower the temperature of the water when I rinse off at the end. Not quite a cold shower, more like "Wash Cycle Hot, Rinse Cycle Cool/Lukewarm" like what you might find on your washing machine selector.

Reminds me of a post last night on Facebook. Someone posted that they were not getting hot water and had paid their bill. Asked if anyone else was having this problem. Someone replied and asked who their hot water company was!!

I thought cold showers were only for trying to counteract um overstimulation!

Or after trying to garden in the Texas summer heat!

Hmm. I just because CFO and Treasurer of our HOA.
And I like hot showers!

Coincidence?

Am I doomed?
Depends on the HOA. The HOA where I live could hold their own annual meeting in Hawaii every year at home owner's expense as long as they don't ask the owners to put much effort into anything.

Last time I took an ice cold shower is because a nasty man with stripes on his arm was screaming at me (and about 25 others) every morning. It was accompanied by shaving with cold water while sharing a mirror with two other guys.

That was about 25 years ago.

Never had one since..:D

No gonna happen. If I went into a cold shower I'd probably drown.

I kinda got into saunas when we were in Sweden. The was a sauna in the house.

Back
Top Bottom