Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

+1 about Dollar Tree as tops. There stuff really is a dollar instead of other places where prices vary. I don't go dollar store shopping as much as years past. Now, only to like, stock up on boxes of dish washing powder .
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2016, 06:35 PM   #62
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylatedollarshort View Post
I will check out Bevmo and compare. We don't have a Total Wine close by.
It's hard to know what a bottle of wine should cost, and of course I do not think a higher price guarantees that you will like it more than a less expensive bottle. And there are so many wineries and different labels out there, it's confusing.

It just so happened that I spotted some exact bottles at Grocery Outlets that I recently bought and paid less at the other stores. Of course, YMMV.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #63
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
It's good to know that Dollar Tree is considered the best of these stores ...
It's the only one that I've ever checked out, and it's close to other stores we frequent, so I can pop in to just look around.

AA alkaline batteries are as cheap/cheaper than Costco, and I can buy a 4-pack (for a buck! ) instead of 48 from Costco that sit around getting old.

Then I browse a bit, sometimes pick up some little toys or party favors, or other incidentals. It's also the only place around here that I can find soda in 3L PET bottles. I wish they had regular soda-water in them, I end up dumping the soda, but I do re-use the 3L bottles to 'bottle/keg' some of my beer. I've developed my own DIY tap system for the 6L PET bottles that are used for home-brewers (Tap-a-Draft jugs), and the 3L soda bottle take the same cap.

Purchase - SturmanBG, LLC

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:02 AM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylatedollarshort View Post
But for items like gift bags they seem to be the same quality as the retail store.

I was going to say the same. I also like the gift wrap because it comes in small rolls. Not much of a cost savings but I like them because I don't end up having to use the same pattern for 5 years like to do with a regular size roll for $5.

Another item I like is the assorted plastic bins for $1. Great for organizing and they come in all sizes from little ones for on top of your desk all the way to laundry bins.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
FI by 2024 is offline   Reply With Quote