Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Do you usually use your own bags at the grocery store?
Yes 23 33.82%
No 45 66.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Re: Do you use your own bags at the grocery store?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Originally Posted by Texas Proud
Almost forgot about those little old ladies in NY that have that wheeled basket they drag around behind them... fits a LOT of stuff from the store..
Those are really popular here too for the old folks that can't carry the weight anymore. They sell them at all the shops.

Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

i was so tempted to get one of those carts when i lived back east and had to walk the 4 blocks from the store to my apt! i got a lot of bruises from groceries banging around my legs w/ frequent little stops in between...hehe the old ladies are smart!

If i think of something clever to say, i'll put it here...
bright eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I have three of the Aldi grocery bags that I bought for five cents each and use when I shop at Aldis. However, I also shop at Krogers and Wal-Marts and get their plastic bags. I also use them for bathroom trash can liners, taking smelly food to the garage trash cans, throwing them in suitcases for the dirty clothes, but most importantly for cleaning litter boxes for our five cats!!! I don't know what we would use if we didn't have those plastic bags. I agree, please don't take away our plastic bags.

Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote