Do You Visit Steve's Digicams (www.steves-digicams.com)?

Do You Visit Steve's Digicams?

• Yes

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 72.5%

• Total voters
Should I? I am toying with the idea of buying a 50mm fixed lens for my Sony dSLR. Is that a good place to find pricing/reviews/etc?

I do check out CNET every now and again about tech stuff.
I certainly don't want any sort of operation that makes me primarily male! :eek:

I do check out CNET every now and again about tech stuff.
I certainly don't want any sort of operation that makes me primarily male! :eek:

I don't find CNET all that useful, but have used Steve's Digicams several times when looking for a digital camera. The reviews are thorough.

-- Rita

I did look at a couple of digital camera reviews on the site when I was camera shopping a few months ago -- result of a google search.

But because you mentioned it today....I did. (I think I saw mention of it in a thread I read yesterday.)

Do I need to change my vote? :)

Never heard of it. Looking for the website to visit to restore my affluence.
Ah here it is Dow 50,000

Just did - photo of the day(Jan 30) looks like 1989 Lake Catherine - the only time in thirty years in New Orleans I ever saw any lake freeze.

heh heh heh - BTW what's a digicam? :D.

Just did - photo of the day(Jan 30) looks like 1989 Lake Catherine - the only time in thirty years in New Orleans I ever saw any lake freeze.

heh heh heh - BTW what's a digicam? :D.

Yeah, what's a digicam, never mind, I'm LBYMing today.

Did hell freeze over yet? DOW at 50,000; I was shocked to see it go to 10,000, 14,000 was out of site, oh.:(

Yeah, I like Steve's although they do seem to have something positive to say about everything. But I think you can sort through their reviews and get a decent feel for features .

Yeah, I like Steve's although they do seem to have something positive to say about everything. But I think you can sort through their reviews and get a decent feel for features .

You need to learn to read between the lines and translate. When he says:

"While this camera performed well in many of our tests, there are several models in this same price range that you may want to take a look at before you decide".

What he really means is:

"Why the heck would anyone buy this stinker when just about any random camera you pick off the shelf at this price is going to be far better?"

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom