Do your pets sleep outdoors or indoors?

Lucky, my rescued pug, never goes outside except on a leash. And I have some sweaters and coats for him in cold weather, most handmade for him by friends. He sleeps on my bed, although I try to keep him down by my feet as he snores like a St. Bernard.

As part of our adoption agreement for our cats, we agreed never to let them outside because their life expectancy is 18 months outside versus 14 years inside. We did have a bay window installed but they understand that outside = vet.

Our cat of 17-1/2 years slept with me. I'm at Mom's now, and her miniature poodle slept with her. They both had sweaters and their own Xmas stockings. Sickening isn't it?

SO combines a love of animals with an oil painting hobby. Here are two of our dear departed kitties, Robert Red-furred and Victor found living in a garage with matted fur.

Did you paint those, Cuppa? Wow whether you did or didn't--beautiful paintings and cats.

Our dogs always slept inside, in bed with us. I don't think our city allows dogs to be kept outdoors overnight. I think there's an ordinance against cats running loose, too, but I see cats exploring outside once in a while.

DD's and DS's dogs sleep in crates, inside.

Brandy the St Bernard sleeps outdoors but has access to the barn. More in the barn as she ages. Previous pup slept in a snowbank in the winter but could get in the barn.

SO combines a love of animals with an oil painting hobby. Here are two of our dear departed kitties, Robert Red-furred and Victor found living in a garage with matted fur.

Love the pics cuppa. Any kitty finding their way into your home is very lucky indeed.

Spectacular paintings, of two wonderful cats!! I love the way the paintings communicate not just the appearance, but also the personalities of the cats.

Spectacular paintings, of two wonderful cats!! I love the way the paintings communicate not just the appearance, but also the personalities of the cats.

Thanks, kittonalities? Can you tell Bobby was cunning and Victor, a lap cat? "Fluffy's" painting is still in process. Maybe your comments will spur SO on to finish it.

Thanks, kittonalities? Can you tell Bobby was cunning and Victor, a lap cat? "Fluffy's" painting is still in process. Maybe your comments will spur SO on to finish it.
<whipcrack>
I have seen a lot of artw*rk in my lifetime, especially in NYC and DC.
Please tell SO he is a very talented painter. Wow! :cool:

Wow, those are nice. I want him to do my doggie.

Well...let me see.

Our cats are entirely indoor cats and never go outside except in a carrier.

Two of our Salukis (the girls) sleep in bed with us. (leaving not much room for DH and I...occasionally he gives up and goes and sleeps on the couch).

The other dogs (the boys) sleep in our climate controlled garage in dedicated large kennels.

I don't have any pets, but if I did they would sleep indoors and probably in my bed. I am too tender-hearted to banish a pet from the house at night. :)

My Tina thinking that maybe she could learn to play the guitar and do it better than her master:cool:
img_867768_0_d7f0ab112f79042b70f7e4b3c3419a1f.jpg

Our 7 year old border collie mix actually prefers to be outside, it takes some coaxing to get her to come in for awhile.....unless there are thunderstorms or fireworks in the area....then she begs to come in.

Shel'll spend time inside on the hot evenings of summer and the colder days of winter but generally sleeps in her box (actually her travel crate) in the garage. When the garage temp gets into the 30s, she'll sleep in the basement. Her crate has a pad and soft throw rug inside, we cover the top of crate with another old throw rug about this time of year. It's her cozy corner.

RE2Boys

Unfortunately, this kitty has been gone for 18 years, but I love this photo of her. She's not as fat as she looks...she's just sprawled....:)

That tummy just begs to be kissed:smitten:

Wow, 18 years she's been gone and you still have her in your heart.

<whipcrack>
I have seen a lot of artw*rk in my lifetime, especially in NYC and DC.
Please tell SO he is a very talented painter. Wow! :cool:

What?? CJ's SO is a he?

I went to look at CJ's profile to find out that she is a woman. :facepalm:

I thought I looked at "his" profile a while back. :confused: What led me to think that CJ was another codger? I have fooled myself again, like with Khan.

My, my, my. I don't know what to think anymore. What if FB5825 or even T-Al, despite having posted their pictures, are really masquerading as their spouses:confused:

Oh, and before I forget, CJ's SO is an excellent painter.

One more thing. My cat always stays indoor. Same with her predecessor.

My cat slept anywhere she wants, on my pillow with her whole body wrapped around my head. Sometimes, for some unknown reason(s) she wants to sleep outdoors. We have two dogs, one sleeps on top of our comforter at the foot of the bed, the other sleeps in an arm chair near the bed. We love all of our pets equally and allow them to do whatever would make their lives the happiest and most comfortable. We wipe their paws when they come in from the outside since they are allowed on any and all furniture, etc.

I went to look at CJ's profile to find out that she is a woman...

One more thing. My cat always stays indoor....
Psst, the rumor that I live in Missoula is not entirely unfounded. Here I am, on a good day. btw, to return to OP, “Fluffy” is also an indoor gal.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 94
And here's my look.

PHOTO%20BEFORE-AFTER.jpg

I will follow up with a new picture when we become empty nesters.
They say it is a reversible process, but we will see.

And here's my look.
I will follow up with a new picture when we become empty nesters.
They say it is a reversible process, but we will see.

Outdoors, until the coyotes ate 'em. No pets now.

Good thing "love is blind." They say that empty nests are reversible these days also; hope they fledge well and the [-]cougars[/-] coyotes don't get 'em. Is that a true story, Bimmerbill?:(

Retire2014: I thought I was the only one to let pets have the run of the house, more or less:D

Back
Top Bottom