Join Early Retirement Today

Does anyone use the iGrill 3? Is it worth it?
Old 06-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Does anyone use the iGrill 3? Is it worth it?

We are close to pulling the trigger on a new Weber Spirit II E-210 grill and was wondering if others had purchased the iGrill 3 also. If so, are you happy with it? Is it worth the cost?

Carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I have not tried the igrill. A few weeks ago I bought a NutriChef BBQ80. It is cheaper than the igrill and appears to be similar. I have used it a couple of times and it seems to be very accurate and I like it.

flintnational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #3

read something about the iGrill3 ONLY works with the weber grill. I cook on a lot of different heat sources, so no thanks.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #4

Check out the options from ThermoWorks. They are not cheap, but their thermometers are very highly rated. They have a few models of remote thermometers for the grill. I have their Thermapen MKA, which is the recommended thermometer from America's Test Kitchen and I'm on a BBQ site that is very happy with their product called Smoke. They have something called BlueDot that may be all you need. It's new so I haven't see anyone comment on it yet, but the company is top of the line for thermometers and I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their products.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
read something about the iGrill3 ONLY works with the weber grill. I cook on a lot of different heat sources, so no thanks.
It must be referring to mounting it or something like that. It can't just work on a specific grill. There's no electronics in the grills it's compatible with.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
It must be referring to mounting it or something like that. It can't just work on a specific grill. There's no electronics in the grills it's compatible with.

Unless they've gone full Keurig.

Never go full Keurig.

Even Keurig had to backtrack on their "Keurig 2.0" DRM bulls***.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:16 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

I LOVE my iGrill! Yes, it's worth it to me. It's my go-to gift for men. (I got mine as a gift).
HarveyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintnational View Post
I have not tried the igrill. A few weeks ago I bought a NutriChef BBQ80. It is cheaper than the igrill and appears to be similar. I have used it a couple of times and it seems to be very accurate and I like it.
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with the one mentioned above. I was able to buy it on eBay using a coupon for $4 off so even better.
Carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:17 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpediem View Post
We are close to pulling the trigger on a new Weber Spirit II E-210 grill and was wondering if others had purchased the iGrill 3 also. If so, are you happy with it? Is it worth the cost?
I bought the same grill last year, and I like it. I'm using a ThermoPop with it, and that works well too. If you get the iGrill 3, please post your experience with it. I might have to get one.

jimbee is online now   Reply With Quote