Does anyone use the iGrill 3? Is it worth it?

Carpediem

Full time employment: Posting here.
We are close to pulling the trigger on a new Weber Spirit II E-210 grill and was wondering if others had purchased the iGrill 3 also. If so, are you happy with it? Is it worth the cost?

I have not tried the igrill. A few weeks ago I bought a NutriChef BBQ80. It is cheaper than the igrill and appears to be similar. I have used it a couple of times and it seems to be very accurate and I like it.

read something about the iGrill3 ONLY works with the weber grill. I cook on a lot of different heat sources, so no thanks.

Check out the options from ThermoWorks. They are not cheap, but their thermometers are very highly rated. They have a few models of remote thermometers for the grill. I have their Thermapen MKA, which is the recommended thermometer from America's Test Kitchen and I'm on a BBQ site that is very happy with their product called Smoke. They have something called BlueDot that may be all you need. It's new so I haven't see anyone comment on it yet, but the company is top of the line for thermometers and I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their products.

Last edited:
read something about the iGrill3 ONLY works with the weber grill. I cook on a lot of different heat sources, so no thanks.

It must be referring to mounting it or something like that. It can't just work on a specific grill. There's no electronics in the grills it's compatible with.

It must be referring to mounting it or something like that. It can't just work on a specific grill. There's no electronics in the grills it's compatible with.

Unless they've gone full Keurig.

Never go full Keurig.

Even Keurig had to backtrack on their "Keurig 2.0" DRM bulls***.

I LOVE my iGrill! Yes, it's worth it to me. It's my go-to gift for men. (I got mine as a gift).

I have not tried the igrill. A few weeks ago I bought a NutriChef BBQ80. It is cheaper than the igrill and appears to be similar. I have used it a couple of times and it seems to be very accurate and I like it.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with the one mentioned above. I was able to buy it on eBay using a coupon for $4 off so even better.

We are close to pulling the trigger on a new Weber Spirit II E-210 grill and was wondering if others had purchased the iGrill 3 also. If so, are you happy with it? Is it worth the cost?

I bought the same grill last year, and I like it. I'm using a ThermoPop with it, and that works well too. If you get the iGrill 3, please post your experience with it. I might have to get one. :)

Back
Top Bottom