Join Early Retirement Today
Re: DONE!!!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

You have our sincerest condolences on the loss of your job. You must be devastated.

I expect you will want to spend the next few years in counselling to get over the termination. That sort of experience can take a long time to overcome.

Pretty close to the deal I got, although mine was voluntary and therefore I was able to get by without any further ado. I got a years pay, prepayment of bonuses, a bunch of other accelerated benefits. I even got the 'free PC' the company had promised to all employees and then never delivered on. Ironically, only the people who took that particular buyout package got the computer.

My boss flew in to finish up the paperwork on my 'last day'. I had him meet me at a local bar where I showed up in a hawaiian shirt, shorts and sandals. 99% of the people in the bar were coworkers as it was the nearest to the place. We sat at the bar while he handed over my checks. The bartender, a good friend of mine, says "Whats up TH?" I say "My boss is firing me". He thinks I'm kidding for a minute then says "No way! What did you do?" "Many, many things. Evil man" my boss says. I show him the severance checks...he says "Holy cow...willl you fire me next?".

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Good job Ed. Have fun and enjoy your time with your family.

KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:54 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Good luck dude.

Check in some time and let us know how things are going.
T.S. Eliot:
Old men ought to be explorers
yakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Now that's what I call a success story.

Good luck with everything.

John L. White, author of: My JOB SUCKS and I Can't Take it Anymore! HELP !
johnlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:27 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Geez dude, congrats !
Let me know if the package is too overwhelming and you need someone to take some of it off your hands ;-)

When you walk in the shadow of insanity, the presence of another mind that thinks and acts as yours does is something close to a blessed event. -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
panhead is offline   Reply With Quote