Don't Rush me?

Mr._johngalt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This topic is in keeping with my pledge not to ever post anything
which might be (or become) provocative or confrontational :)

I discovered Rush Limbaugh many years ago and like other life-changing
events (Kennedy assassination, 9-11) I remember the
exact moment. I was driving from Chicago to St. Louis and dialing around
on the radio. This guy came on and I was blown away. He was talking about stuff and expressing opinion I had held forever. Whenever I
am in the car and he is on, I listen to his show. Is he frequently
over the top? Yes. Does he make unsupported assertions? You bet.
Do I ever turn the radio off in disgust? Absolutely. Am I sounding
Rumsfeldian again? Yep.

Bottom line......I think he is a great great man (for a lot of reasons)
and I have a tremendous amount of admiration for him and what he does.

JG

GAG..............................................................BARF! :mad:

The key issue here John is whether you were doing the Chgo to St L drive on I55 or I57?

BTW, taking the Marineer to the shop in Rockford. Thanks for the tip.

youbet said:
The key issue here John is whether you were doing the Chgo to St L drive on I55 or I57?

BTW, taking the Marineer to the shop in Rockford. Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome.

JG

I think he's a crackhead, racist, hypocritical jerk personally

Azanon said:
I think he's a crackhead, racist, hypocritical jerk personally

Wouldn't that be Oxycontinhead? :D I consider him the political equivalent of Howard Stern - gotta keep saying outrageous things to keep people listening.

Patrick said:
I consider him the political equivalent of Howard Stern - gotta keep saying outrageous things to keep people listening.

Best description I have heard yet. As long as you realize it is pure entertainment he is fine;)

Patrick said:
Wouldn't that be Oxycontinhead? :D I consider him the political equivalent of Howard Stern - gotta keep saying outrageous things to keep people listening.

I admit you made me go to dictionary.com, but i felt better when i got an error searching "Oxycontinhead". I always look up any word i dont know, and i presume that isn't one.

Cant say i like equating him to Howard Stern, because i happen to like Stern.

Azanon said:
I admit you made me go to dictionary.com, but i felt better when i got an error searching "Oxycontinhead". I always look up any word i dont know, and i presume that isn't one.

Oxycontin is the drug he was supposedly addicted to. If crack addict = crackhead, then oxycontin addict = oxycontinhead. Guess I coined a new word. :LOL:

Patrick said:
Oxycontin is the drug he was supposedly addicted to. If crack addict = crackhead, then oxycontin addict = oxycontinhead. Guess I coined a new word. :LOL:

Is that what he was using. I admit, i'm not very knowledgeable about the various narcotics out there.

Of course i just chose crackhead thinking most would assume i was just using it figuratively. :D

Zathras said:
Best description I have heard yet. As long as you realize it is pure entertainment he is fine;)

I prefer "irritainment." I often listen to far right talk radio in the car when I am sleepy. Either I can laugh atthem or get PO'd enough to stay awake.

I guess his latest blunder was mocking Michael J. Fox, rocking back and forth. I just can't see how anyone could make fun of person who has a disability or illness no matter how much you may disagree with that persons cause or belief. :(

DOG52 said:
I guess his latest blunder was mocking Michael J. Fox, rocking back and forth. I just can't see how anyone could make fun of person who has a disability or illness no matter how much you may disagree with that persons cause or belief. :(

I think the oxycontin helps dull one's conscience.

I think it is worse than bad entertainment. The guy lies, spouts views based on warped science, and pontificates as though he is an authority in order to advance an agenda. The political agenda has some legitamite elements but many that are simply in service to corporate oligarchy. It makes me sick that this parasite has honed a formula that keeps the sheep in his fold. It is tragic that a huge proportion of the populace lets a devious mf'er like him do their thinking and conditon their opinions.

windsurf said:
It makes me sick that this parasite has honed a formula that keeps the sheep in his fold.

Well sir! Obviously I am no "sheep".

Bah. :)

JG

brewer12345 said:
I think the oxycontin helps dull one's conscience.

Former DW said I was built without a "sensitivity chip". I prefer to think
it was a "humility chip". In any case, I share some of these traits with Rush.
BTW, as someone pointed out, his show is mostly entertainment.

JG

Mr._johngalt said:
Former DW said I was built without a "sensitivity chip". I prefer to think
it was a "humility chip". In any case, I share some of these traits with Rush.
BTW, as someone pointed out, his show is mostly entertainment.

JG

What I find interesting is that his show is so popular, while the Dems just closed down their talk-radio network. Why was no one listening to them? :confused:

Patrick said:
What I find interesting is that his show is so popular, while the Dems just closed down their talk-radio network. Why was no one listening to them? :confused:

:D :D :D

Patrick you're killing me..............ever think of hosting a talk show??

Well sir! Obviously I am no "sheep".

Bah. :)

JG

Then, are you a wolf. . .? :)

Patrick said:

Really? Or are you kidding? I just reached over and turned on the radio and there's Jerry Springer blabbing away. And they just announced that Al Franken's show is up next........ Based on five mins of listening, doesn't sound very shutdown to me.

youbet said:
Really? Or are you kidding? I just reached over and turned on the radio and there's Jerry Springer blabbing away. And they just announced that Al Franken's show is up next........ Based on five mins of listening, doesn't sound very shutdown to me.

Wonder what their Arbitron rating are? I guess with Sirius and XM radio, anything is possible.........

I don't listen to Rush much at all............he's too over the top, like Jim Rome on sports, too scripted by others for me............... ;)

youbet said:

Yeah, what was it called, "Radio America" or something like that. Couldn't make enough revenue to stay in business.

Back
Top Bottom