Down with Miniskirts

Why do I find out this stuff 30 years too late..:(:(:(

I must have learned a little in HS. I dated the girls who did NOT make the cheerleading squad, because all the cheerleaders who made the team wanted were the football players. I figured the loose moral standards applied to those who made the team as much as those who did not, and I shamefully submit I was right.........:cool::blush:

I can remember wearing mini-skirts in high school that were at least as short as those uniforms and I was not a cheerleader. I graduated in 1971.

I can remember wearing mini-skirts in high school that were at least as short as those uniforms and I was not a cheerleader. I graduated in 1971.

img_1112147_0_a6d34988e97f411e8d83dd0dac718967.jpg

MasterBlaster said:
As I recall, cheerleaders were selected based more on their loose moral standards rather than their athletic ability

Yeah, the older I get, the better I was. memory is indeed a wonderful thing.

Uh no! Even in my tiny school with a total high school population of 200 I had to try out for cheerleader. I practiced my routine for weeks and on try out day was judged by four teachers. Me and five others were picked based on our ability to represent our school. So if there were loose morals involved in my squad it had nothing to do with how they became a cheerleader.

Lisa99 said:
So if there were loose morals involved in my squad it had nothing to do with how they became a cheerleader.

Rats! There goes another charished male fantasy shot down. I suppose you're going to say that the same is true for nurses?

I can't say the cheerleaders in my HS wore those outfits to class. But many of the girls back then (late 1970s, early 1980s) looked like they belonged in one of the many jazzy (and somewhat tacky) Jordache jeans commercials on TV at the time. :)

Rats! There goes another charished male fantasy shot down. I suppose you're going to say that the same is true for nurses?

No idea so I'll leave this one to be answered by one of our resident (former) nurses!

Last edited:
I can tell you about Catholic School girls (the one's with the standard uniforms), since I dated one for many years (and we'll be married 42 years this month :angel: ).

The rumors about "repressed feelings" are all true :cool: ...

Additioinally, the nuns that "guided her" through the years probably had their own personal challanges, but I understand that the problem was taken care of when the Pope allowed nuns to start dating.

Never heard of that? Sure, it's true (absoutely). You can date a nun as long as you don't get into the habit :dance: (insert drum roll, here)...

Never heard of that? Sure, it's true (absoutely). You can date a nun as long as you don't get into the habit :dance: (insert drum roll, here)...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And obviously you don't want to make a "habit" of dating nuns........:)

Uh no! Even in my tiny school with a total high school population of 200 I had to try out for cheerleader. I practiced my routine for weeks and on try out day was judged by four teachers. Me and five others were picked based on our ability to represent our school. So if there were loose morals involved in my squad it had nothing to do with how they became a cheerleader.

Ok I have a theory...

perhaps all that jumping around influenced subsequent behavior.

Back
Top Bottom