Down with Miniskirts

MasterBlaster

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Down with Miniskirts !

Cheerleaders' new miniskirts are too short for class, school says - latimes.com

Cheerleaders at a San Jose high school have been prohibited from wearing their miniskirt uniforms to class because the new, shorter hemline doesn't comply with the school's dress code.

Miniskirt ban at San Jose school also applies to cheerleader uniforms - San Jose Mercury News

20110912__ssjm0913nocheer~2_GALLERY.JPG

Last edited:
When your HS football team is terrible, what besides cheerleaders in miniskirts is going to keep the male students going to watch?

When your HS football team is terrible, what besides cheerleaders in miniskirts is going to keep the male students going to watch?
Same thing that always did. The prospect of Friday night love.

Ha

It's not the kids coming to the game that makes this a creepy thought....

I used to live about 5 miles from the high school in question here.

What is new about this? When I was in high school (1962-1966), our skirts in class had to measure no more than 3/4" above the knee. If there was any doubt, we'd be called into the principal's office where the skirt length would be measured. Our cheerleaders wore short pleated gold skirts that were at least as short as those in the photo (with dark blue bloomers underneath), but wouldn't have even thought about wearing their cheerleader uniform to algebra. :rolleyes:

I had enough trouble in algebra class, no way I'd have passed if there'd been cheerleaders in uniforms in there. !!!!!!

Last edited:
Most teams don't wear their uniforms to class, do they? Why should the cheerleaders wear them anyway?

Why should the cheerleaders wear them anyway?

Now, THAT would make for an interesting game.:dance:

Reminds me of HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS movie.

Reminds me of a high school limerick:

Old mother Hubbard
went to the cupboard
to get her poor (cheerleader) daughter a dress.
When she got there,
the cupboard was bare.
And so was her daughter, I guess.

Now returning you to our serious discussion of cheerleader outfit length.:(

Why should the cheerleaders wear them anyway?

Yeah....I vote for that!:D

Heck, I'd even find a way to get back in school for some remedial education.....somehow!:LOL:

I'm ready...notice my high school senior pic to the left? (circa 1976)

This is a nothing burger. I don't remember cheerleaders ever wearing their uniforms in class. So what if they can't wear them at this school - big 1st Amendment issue?

Our cheerleaders wore their outfits to class...

And the football team wore a jersey... might not have been the same one, but it had their name and number on them....

Can't remember if the drill team wore their uniform or just something that identified them as such...

Our cheerleaders wore their outfits to class also. It seems to me it is promoting school spirit. Those cheerleader outfits don't even look particularly provocative.

I remember being a bit disappointed when one of the cheerleader wore her uniform to English class, cause her normal clothes were much sexier :)

I wore my cheerleader outfit to school every Friday during football season and on certain days during basketball season (so almost year round). This was in 1975-1979 and ours skirts were just as short as the ones in the pic.

Whoever at the school in the article is stirring up trouble needs to get a life.

These gals don't wear their uniforms to class :D :

NFL Cheerleaders 2011: The Season Begins | NBC New York

Hum maybe I should start watching football again. Now those uniforms (or perhaps a combo of the uniform and the gals who wear them) that would disruptive in class. The SJ high school uniforms not so much.

I wore my cheerleader outfit to school every Friday during football season and on certain days during basketball season (so almost year round). This was in 1975-1979 and ours skirts were just as short as the ones in the pic.

Whoever at the school in the article is stirring up trouble needs to get a life.

I agree but since it is the female principal who is making it an issue, not particularly smart for the cheerleaders to tell her to get a life :).

I wore my cheerleader outfit to school every Friday during football season and on certain days during basketball season (so almost year round).

So how did you do in Algebra??:blush:

Back
Top Bottom