DQOTD: I got a package from UPS Overgoods?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
And I have no idea why? It’s a USB powered 15” monitor that retails for $149 - I never ordered it, I’ve never ordered anything from the manufacturer but it’s addressed to my home. I assume it’s a mistake or a scam, so I guess I’ll just set it aside. Online search suggests Overgoods is how UPS deals with lost items?

Anyone else had a UPS Overgoods experience?

Does this shipment show where it came from? What store, like amazon etc.?

About that scam, I don't see how a retailer can hold someone responsible for returning an item to a wrong address. My understanding is that by law items you receive, but did not order, become yours. Since those items are yours, you can do what you want with them, which includes shipping them anywhere you want.

package? what package? We have been having trouble with porch thieves lately...

That scam - unless it corresponds to a fraudulent charge on your credit card I don’t see how you can be held responsible.

We had some movie posters sent to us, no name on the package, just our address. I called the company, and using the tracking/order numbers on the label they were able to figure out there was a typo in the address.
They had UPS pick it up the next day.

Does this shipment show where it came from? What store, like amazon etc.?
It came from UPS Overgoods, 1 Clover Place, Edison NJ - which appears to be a legit UPS location. There is no store or merchant name.

Last edited:
Contact shipper, UPS? They should be able to track the shipping number info. Having report on record of wrong delivery will help any issues.

Wasn't there another thread about drunk buying? Did you have a little too much to drink and thought you needed an upgraded computer monitor? :LOL:

I think I’ll just drop it at the local UPS store.

Last year a local shipper tried to deliver a big screened (60") curved TV to me. I refused to sign for it and sent them back saying I didn't order it. Then they called me 2 or 3 times over the next week trying to reschedule the delivery and would only tell me it was coming from a "fulfillment center". (I was sure it was some sort of scam) Then I got a call from a business I frequent asking me why I refusing the "gift".

It seems someone forgot to tell me they were sending it so it turned out to be legit.:facepalm:

If you were not charged for it, I'd just wait for the shipper to ask for it back.
Taking it in, will be a hassle as the person will have no idea about it. Sure they will accept it, but then later someone might show up asking for it at your door.

Once a package was delivered to the wrong house, so I phoned the person it was supposed to go to. Amazing how weird people get, they were very suspicious about coming and getting it even though we were only about 8 houses down the street.
I told them to open it in front of us, as I didn't want them walking off, and claiming we stole what was inside as they had been so weird.

Back
Top Bottom