Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-22-2019, 02:48 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
i'm still not convinced that electric mowers are worth a ****

I have about an acre so I use a 30" riding mower anyway but still - I'm a bit skeptical on the electric mower thing

also, while I suppose it's theoretically possible to convert an ego trimmer to a brush cutter - I ended up getting a ryobi gas brush cutter for my 8" carbide blade
I didn't see anyone claim battery powered mowers like the EGo are ideal for a 1 acre lot.

Our lot is 0.26 acres less 0.07 acres of house and concrete drive and sidewalks on it - I am guessing the EGo trimmer, edger and blower will be overkill for my use.

And though some people have already converted EGo trimmers to brush cutters, they already sell dedicated brush cutters and Powerhead brush cutters attachments in the UK. I assume they'll sell them in the USA soon enough, and I will buy one when they do. Looking forward to one sizeable battery and a rapid charger and no longer dragging around cords or fooling with a small gas engine.

https://egopowerplus.co.uk/products/...m-brush-cutter

https://egopowerplus.co.uk/products/...l-brush-cutter

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
I didn't see anyone claim battery powered mowers like the EGo are ideal for a 1 acre lot.

Our lot is 0.26 acres less 0.07 acres of house and concrete drive and sidewalks on it - I am guessing the EGo trimmer, edger and blower will be overkill for my use.

And though some people have already converted EGo trimmers to brush cutters, they already sell dedicated brush cutters and Powerhead brush cutters attachments in the UK. I assume they'll sell them in the USA soon enough, and I will buy one.

https://egopowerplus.co.uk/products/...m-brush-cutter

https://egopowerplus.co.uk/products/...l-brush-cutter

I'm still skeptical that they would cut a quarter acre - although I'm tickled to death with the ego blower and trimmer

I think my ego trimmer is too old to convert to a brush cutter - I bought a blade and a stihl conversion kit off of amazon and it didn't fit.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
. Looking forward to one sizeable battery and a rapid charger and no longer dragging around cords or fooling with a small gas engine.
it is pretty awesome - I use my blower about every day. I think they had just released the product when I bought them - 5 years ago maybe so I got a battery and a charger with each one.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

I've not used E Go tools, but I can say that my 40 volt Ryobi string trimmer is comparable to the Troy-Bilt gas trimmer I used the previous year. Depending on the size of your lot and the total amount of trimming to be done, you may want a second battery so you don't have to wait for the battery to recharge (about an hour) - although you might consider that the break a mature adult needs when working outside in the heat ;-)
papaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:28 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

We've had an E Go string trimmer and blower for almost three years. Love them compared to our gas models. String trimmer abruptly quit working last year. Called E Go and they said "take it to Home Depot for repair." I did and they did. Kudos for great customer service.
OldConch is offline   Reply With Quote