E-R post count

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I was viewing this site in a web browser recently and noticed I am creeping up on 3K posts. Makes you wonder.

I thought it would be interesting to change that statistic. Something like you see at factories: "745 days without an accident". Or in a Simpsons episode passing a trailer park: "696 days without a tornado".

Here it could be, "27 posts without starting an argument". But that would probably require more work from The Mod Squad.

I figure if I don't get at least one nastygram a week from a moderator I'm not posting enough. :eek:

With 10,000+ posts, I feel like I am rambling on and on.:)

With 10,000+ posts, I feel like I am rambling on and on.:)

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

- Abe Simpson, Moderator

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Oh wow…I've been here 5 years and only have 1,501…make that 1,502 post. I better start logging in more. :)

Some of those still working, with prolific counts posting from work, that haven't been caught by their corporate IT departments is impressive. I guess some were lucky enough to have limited work on their plates and companies that trusted them not to use work resources.

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

- Abe Simpson, Moderator

Sounds like listening to my MIL talk to DW! Too close to home....

-gauss

Some of those still working, with prolific counts posting from work, that haven't been caught by their corporate IT departments is impressive. I guess some were lucky enough to have limited work on their plates and companies that trusted them not to use work resources.

:LOL:

Guilty as charged! The nature of my j*b is to be busy as all hell for days/weeks on end, then twiddling my thumbs while testing/analysis happens, and decisions are made as to what comes next...

Corp IT depts have a lot more to worry about nowadays, like spam, hacking, etc.

Plus they spend revenue, not make it.

"corporate IT departments"... <snicker>

"corporate IT departments"... <snicker>

they are a lot thinner than they used to be...back in the day

we had one of the first LANs in town in 1988 - talk about overkill on network control and micromanagement....geez I'm glad those days are over

Sounds like listening to my MIL talk to DW! Too close to home....

-gauss

M Paquette, the best example ever of that kinda story is one my boss likes to trot out every now and again: Mark Twain's "Old Ram"
PBS - Mark Twain: The Story of Grandfather's Old Ram

^^^ "till his whisky got the best of him and he fell asleep."

I connect using my iPhone over the cell network. I prefer to keep my personal internet access off of the corporate network.

kiki, these guys were back in the days of punch cards...they don't realize we now have phones that connect to the interwebs, lol! ;)

Back
Top Bottom