Early Retirement Quotes

“We lived a few years like most people won’t, to live the rest of our lives like most people can’t.”

" Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.
He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it."

This and similar quotes are attributed to Albert Einstein

Reading the classic book, "The Richest Man in Babylon",
helped me to handle money wisely so I could retire early.

Here is a quote:

" Behold, from my humble earnings I had begotten a hoard of golden slaves, each laboring and earning more gold. As they labored for me, so their children also labored and their children's children until great was the income from their combined efforts. "

I always arrived late to the office. But I made up for it by leaving early.

Work without love is slavery.

My father's advice.

"An optimist builds dream castles in the sky, a pessimist lives there, and a realist collects rent from both of them"

"Money doesn't buy happiness; money buys freedom." Bo Sanchez

...and freedom buys happiness. me

"People work all their lives so they can one day retire. It’s this idea of torturing yourself so that one day, the torture will stop. I think you got played."

- Henry Rollins

From a friend:

There are now 6 Saturdays (1st Saturday through 5th Saturday then real Saturday) and 1 Sunday (pants day).

"Money doesn't buy happiness; money buys freedom." Bo Sanchez

...and freedom buys happiness. me
Another variation:

“Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it.” David Lee Roth

The following quote has been attributed to Thoreau, but that is not totally correct. It saddens me to see so many people like this:
Most men live lives of quiet desperation and take their song to the grave.
I’d only heard the part in red above, never the song part. So I was curious (and I’ve read Walden):

This is a misquote of Henry David Thoreau, from his book Walden (subtitled, "or Life in the Woods"), in the first chapter: Economy (9th paragraph). The correct one, in context, helps to understand the meaning : "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.”

"Whenever I felt like giving up, I'd would just imagine that there was a "No U-Turn" sign our path." --Christopher Columbus as related by Mr. Boffo.

drew-carey-hate-your-job-support-group-everybody-quote.jpg

[emoji23]

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

"We each only have three years left, we just do not know when it starts".

Live life.

Back
Top Bottom