Earthquake?

OldAgePensioner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Damn, I think we just had a very small earthquake here in SF.

About 10 minutes ago, I felt the earth move. I lived in LA thru some bigguns but SF does worry me a bit, I'm 41 floors up.

Dog you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Darn it, that was either an erthquake or this building is structurally unsound.

I was moving, I swear I was.

Aha, just turned on local TV, I didn't have an orgasm. :-[ It was an earthquake. :D

Yeah, I was here at work. It was awesome!! Can't wait for the 7.0 or greater. :D

cube_rat said:
Yeah, I was here at work. It was awesome!! Can't wait for the 7.0 or greater. :D

Fun 'til someone loses an eye.

Loma Prieta was enough for me, thanks.

bpp said:
Fun 'til someone loses an eye.

Loma Prieta was enough for me, thanks.

I was being sarcastic ;) I was most definitely here during the Loma Prieta and it was no walk in the park.

OAP,

Put this link in your favorites.

Whenever you feel the earth move, go to that site, and within minutes you'll know all about the quake (if there was one).

Indexter, thanks. Cool site.

Back in 1986, I was in an LA hotel, flown there that morning, and fully clothed sprawled across the bed semi-asleep. Up about 20 stories and suddenly the bed jumped about a foot and the whole thing lasted about 15 seconds.

Kinda reminded me of sex. :LOL:

Indexter, that is cool. Gotta love their slogan ... "USGS ... science for a changing world" ... and landscape. ;)

OAP, a building needs to flex to accomodate an earthquake. It is dis-orienting, but safer than living in a 20-year old three story. Are you sure you want to stay there given your other issues?

Back
Top Bottom