2 bottles fruity red Spanish table wine
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup triple sec
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pomegranate juice
Orange slices (thin)
Apple slices
1/4 Pomegranate seeds

A great summer drink. We usually combine 1/2 portions of sangria and club soda. Family friends prefer a sweeter version and replace the club soda with soda pop (Sprite, 7 Up, etc).
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

I always heard that the only way to eat those things was outside in the nude well away from the house, car, lawn furniture, etc. Apparently, I am not allowed to eat them in my neighborhood.
CoolChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:39 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Try this instead - there's no need to beat the poor fruit

Finally got to try this today, worked like a charm. Had pomegranate with our oatmeal, and DW took half the seeds/fruit to work. She'll only need a spoon!

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I am late to this thread, but thanks Imoldernu, I got my first good laugh this morning. That was too funny.

I am also amazed by what I learn here. I hope there are still pomegranates in the store. Must try these different opening methods!
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

The fruiting Pomegranate tree is a great small tree. Pretty orange flowers in the spring that the hummers love, followed by fruit formation, and in the Fall, lovely golden color. Very low water required to grow. Poms are expensive in the store. Grow your own!
Mango1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango1956 View Post
The fruiting Pomegranate tree is a great small tree. Pretty orange flowers in the spring that the hummers love, followed by fruit formation, and in the Fall, lovely golden color. Very low water required to grow. Poms are expensive in the store. Grow your own!
+1. Planted ours about 4 years ago and got 20 this year! This is one of those fruit trees that takes a few years to really produce.

I picked up a few at the store yesterday and am anxious to try the whacking method in the first video, although it won't be as much fun...I've been doing the cutting and scoring shown in the second video for years, although mine never look as 'neat' as the one in the video and I need a paper towel bib.
TrvlBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
I think you should put a tarpaulin on the kitchen floor and sit on it wearing a rain poncho.
That's pretty much the way we had to eat them when we were kids !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Try this instead - there's no need to beat the poor fruit
That is awesome ! thanks for posting that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango1956 View Post
I tried that. Mine ended up being a very spindly bush with killer thorns ! I buy my poms at Aldi now.
Hebrews 12:11

ER'd in June 2015 at age 52. Initial WR 3%. 50/40/10 (Equity/Bond/Short Term) AA.
Live And Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #28

I learn someting new every day. I bought a pomegranate many years ago (before internet) and didn't have a clue how to handle it. After I cleaned up the mess I never bought another one. I have to try one again.