Ebay Purchases.

Thanks for all the responses people. Group hug now!!

sLo_grouphug3.gif
...............;)

No reason to applogise Martha, I hope I wasn't too harsh.
They can't but they use the items a loss leader to draw you in to their store . As for the Seiko watch don't be so sure it's real . Apparently the copies coming out of China are so good it is impossible to tell the difference between an authentic watch and their copies .
There was one seller that was selling velvet pouches/bags for 6 cents including free shipping and I bought a couple to place jewelry in for Christmas presents, but that's all they sold.
Is that like, "it looks like a Seiko, keeps time like a Seiko and lasts as long as a Seiko at less then a quarter of the cost". Hmmm
It's like seeing a turtle on a fence post- you have to assume it had some help getting up there. ;)
Thanks Westernskies, that explains everthing now, I can sleep at night again.
sLo_grouphug3.gif
...............;)
What took you so long, I was getting worried nobody was going to join in on the "group hug".

Is that like, "it looks like a Seiko, keeps time like a Seiko and lasts as long as a Seiko at less then a quarter of the cost". Hmmm
".

Absolutely ! They are so good at copying designer pocketbooks that is impossible to tell the difference .

Absolutely ! They are so good at copying designer pocketbooks that is impossible to tell the difference .

Don't be so sure. There is always a tell. It's just knowing what you are looking at to find it. I thought I was pretty good at spoting fakes, until I came across a shipment of counterfeit Panama Jack t-shirts. I couldn't tell they were counterfeits, until the tells were pointed out.

Hmmm...Why not upgrade that "Seiko"? Maybe get traineeinvestor to take a stroll up Nathan Road in Hong Kong and get you a "Rolex" for $25

Thanks Westernskies, that explains everthing now, I can sleep at night again.

Great! Glad I could help.... but buying counterfeit merchandise off eBay, I'm not sure I could sleep that well.

This reminds me of the time we bought two boxes of Montecristo Cigars from Cuba, (we're from Canada) for $20.00 a box. Since we don't smoke they were to give friends as presents for those the smoke the occasional cigar but didn't want to spend the money on a premium cigar. She didn't want to take the chance of givening fake Montecristo's so she went to a cigar specialty store and asked if they were real. Not only were they real, he offered to purchase each box for $125.00. Do you think a cigar store can tell the real from a fake?

This reminds me of the time we bought two boxes of Montecristo Cigars from Cuba, (were from Canada) for $20.00 a box. Since we don't smoke they were to give friends as presents for those the smoke the occasional cigar but didn't want to spend the money on a premium cigar. She didn't want to take the chance of givening fake Montecristo's so she went to a cigar specialty store and asked if they were real. Not only were they real, he offered to purchase each box for $125.00. Do you think a cigar store can tell the real from a fake?

Only Fidel and Monica can tell the difference.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom