eBay Question - No Pay

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I sold a book on eBay where I started bidding at a buck because the same book had been selling for about $10 in prior sales. Unfortunately, the only bid was $1 + shipping and after eBay and PayPal fees, I'll actually lose money on the deal.

Now the real problem - the buyer has gone silent on me and not paid after two invoices have been sent. I don't really want to elevate it to a dispute with eBay involved, I'd like to just nullify the whole deal and re-list the book.

Advice as to how to proceed?

Open an unpaid item case . They have three days to respond which they usually do not .You then get your fees back & are free to list again .

Open an unpaid item case . They have three days to respond which they usually do not .You then get your fees back & are free to list again .
Is it likely they will retaliate and leave poor feedback for me? I'm trying to avoid that hassle.

Can they leave feedback if you don't consummate a transaction?

I don't know the answer to this, but it seems like that would be the way you would want ebay to set it up.

-gauss

Once you open an unpaid item case they can not leave feedback .if they do pay they may leave feedback but you challenge it or leave an answer to the feedback .

Once you open an unpaid item case they cannot leave Feed back .if they do pay they can leave feed back but you can challenge it or answer it .

Yep, just open non-paying bidder and let the ebay system do the process. You can't just delete it, has to have the proper ebay channels involved so you get back any fees.

Great advice - thank you. I opened a "no pay" complaint with eBay and the perp paid up immediately, after a week of stonewalling.

Now to see if he tries to ding me on my feedback. :rolleyes:

Was does an "unpaid item case" do to make a buyer pay up?

Back
Top Bottom