Join Early Retirement Today

eBay Question - No Pay
Old 04-19-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

eBay Question - No Pay

I sold a book on eBay where I started bidding at a buck because the same book had been selling for about $10 in prior sales. Unfortunately, the only bid was $1 + shipping and after eBay and PayPal fees, I'll actually lose money on the deal.

Now the real problem - the buyer has gone silent on me and not paid after two invoices have been sent. I don't really want to elevate it to a dispute with eBay involved, I'd like to just nullify the whole deal and re-list the book.

Advice as to how to proceed?
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
Gone but not forgotten

Open an unpaid item case . They have three days to respond which they usually do not .You then get your fees back & are free to list again .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Open an unpaid item case . They have three days to respond which they usually do not .You then get your fees back & are free to list again .
Is it likely they will retaliate and leave poor feedback for me? I'm trying to avoid that hassle.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Can they leave feedback if you don't consummate a transaction?

I don't know the answer to this, but it seems like that would be the way you would want ebay to set it up.

-gauss
gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
Gone but not forgotten

Once you open an unpaid item case they can not leave feedback .if they do pay they may leave feedback but you challenge it or leave an answer to the feedback .
Old 04-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #6
Gone but not forgotten

Once you open an unpaid item case they cannot leave Feed back .if they do pay they can leave feed back but you can challenge it or answer it .
Old 04-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #7

Yep, just open non-paying bidder and let the ebay system do the process. You can't just delete it, has to have the proper ebay channels involved so you get back any fees.

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Great advice - thank you. I opened a "no pay" complaint with eBay and the perp paid up immediately, after a week of stonewalling.

Now to see if he tries to ding me on my feedback.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #9

Was does an "unpaid item case" do to make a buyer pay up?
GrayHare is offline   Reply With Quote