Join Early Retirement Today
Old 01-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #21
Originally Posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
Inasmuch as the buyer already opened a case, and admitted he provided a bad delivery address, I would let E-Bay deal with it.
Maybe the buyer should drive over to his old place and see if the new owner has his item.

......."Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -- philosopher Mike Tyson.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.
Sounds like you've already handled this issue, but in general, I'm fine with any seller that has a rating of mid-90's and if a seller has a lot of items sold, I'm fine with anything 90 or above. I generally figure there are going to be some problem purchasers, so a few pieces of negative feedback don't bother me if there are enough good ones.

Katiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The problem with ebay, and especially Paypal, is they take your money out of your account and hold it until resolution. So OP has already "lost" his money. While you have the tracking and the buyer did say he had wrong address, I believe the finding will be for the seller. My opinion is that ebay and Paypal always default to the buyer, and it is guilty until proven innocent for the seller. It can be very frustrating as seller to have to provide the proof, when you did everything correct. Ebay has almost become too much BS and hassles for selling stuff; although for many items it is still the best method. Kind of puts you in a risk and out of your control at times.
I used to have a handle on life....... but it broke!

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Under $10 I'd probably refund just to not spend mental energy worrying about it.

So far I've only had 1 problem as a very occasional seller on ebay and it was a laptop LCD screen that I sold and when the buyer received it, it was bent (but not broken). He claimed it didn't work but I doubt he tried it. I had $50 insurance (priority mail) and I think I sold it for $60 or $75 including shipping. I salvaged the screen from a dead laptop anyway, so no real $$ out of my pocket. I refunded the dude his $ and got my $50 from the post office after filing a simple claim.
Retired in 2013 at age 33. Keeping busy reading, blogging, relaxing, gaming, and enjoying the outdoors with my wife and 3 kids (4, 10, and 11).
FUEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:13 AM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.
When buying on Ebay, I don't get turned off if the seller has a less than 100% rating, usually take a quick look at the comments if it's a bit low and see things like you're dealing with. For less than $10, I'd tell the buyer to work it out with Ebay or the Post Office since it was their mistake, especially since their first action was to open a dispute without contacting you.

davemartin88 is offline   Reply With Quote