Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
BANG!!!

DANG.... I was all ready to pull out one of those 'gun' emoticom and shoot the bunny... but we don't have them here and I am not willing to go search for one... so you got this crap above...

Edit to add after reading more posts....
DANG..... I am TOO LATE... HE WAS SHOT BEFORE ME!!!! I am shooting a dead bunny
That's OK. Since mine was a BOOM!!! I probably just blew him up with a cherry bomb, stunning him temporarily until you arrived with your gun.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Eh, its just a flesh wound.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Maybe someone was giving him good advice on how to avoid bankruptcy, but he didnt hear them...
He was given good advice many years ago being told if he LBYM he would always prosper. Ed's mistake being a typical "celebrity" was he thought LBYM meant Live Beyond Your Means.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #44

Wow! Ed cannot list FIRE among his acomplishments !

Quote:
"If you spend more money than you make, you know what happens," McMahon said Thursday night on CNN's "Larry King Live." "You know, a couple of divorces thrown in, a few things like that. And, you know, things happen."
McMahon, 85, appeared with his wife, Pamela. The couple said they are $644,000 behind on their mortgage payments and are in negotiations with lender Countrywide Home Loans Inc. to set a foreclosure date.
Ed McMahon talks about possible home foreclosure: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance
Old 06-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #45

We are not talking brain surgery here.

If you make $200 million or so during your career, don't you want to say to yourself during that career, "Hmmm, maybe I should put $5 million in a money market account or tax-free muni as my emergency money in case the well dries up some day."

Even a measly 3% now would give you a guaranteed $150K a year to live on.

Just goes to show you that in the case of people like Mike Tyson, Holyfield, Ed McMahon, Gary Coleman, Bobbey Brown, Whitney Houston, and Lindsay Lohan, "a fool and his/her money are soon parted."
Old 06-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Maybe he could knock on his own door, and announce that he was the winner of the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Hey HFWR...is the edit reason 'speling' a second part of the humor or just a bit of accidental irony?

I think he ran out of money because he paid out of his own pocket to have all those huge checks made. He probably had to buy 900 ink jet cartridges to get those done.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Humor, Pt 2...

Actually, my typing is more to blame for my spelling errors than my spelling ability...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
I wonder if this is all a political puffery rather than just saying:
"Hey it is a non-recourse state, and dumping it on Countrywide is a good financial decision to further improve my net worth!"... Ed

Quote:
In April 2002, McMahon sued his insurance company, insurance adjusters, and several environmental cleanup contractors over breach of contract related to negligence in cleaning up water damage after a broken water pipe was repaired in his Beverly Hills, California house. The lawsuit alleged that moisture from the pipe break caused toxic mold to spread, sickened his wife, Pamela, and members of the household staff, killed the family dog, Muffin, and ruined his priceless memorabilia collection. The case was reported to have been settled out of court for US$7.2 million.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #50

It is amazing that after a life of high yearly income Ed has to be a pimp at 85 years of age, and still he can't pay his bills. I suppose it doesn't bother him because there are so many other so called "celebrities" that have lowered themselves to being little more than pimps after their careers have ended or on the down-slide.