elder care - life alert

nphx

Recycles dryer sheets
Mom asked for one, so now i am looking for a pendant type of "life alert" i have fallen and cant get up service. Any recommendations?

For office and home alarms i switched over to watchlight.com (less than $10 per month). I trust it but have insurance... for mom I want a well trusted brand.

Thanks in advance.

OP:

When my Mother-in-law, recquired that type of device. Rather than buy one, the hospital recommended she rent one which we did.

The hospital was Stanford Hospital, in Palo Alto, CA.

My wife did all the work, I think there was a local outfit the hospital recommended. Cheaper than buying a unit.

I think when my Mother in law was suppose to pust the "button", there was a list of phone numbers to dial automatically.

The first was a neighbor across the street, ...etc....

nphx, you could call your police department or local hospital and ask them.

In my town one of the "women's clubs" has made that one of their fundraising causes and they provide the monitors. I think we also have a program where the police make daily calls to citizens to be sure everything's all right (the citizens sign up for this, obviously, as no one has called me yet :) ); maybe your area does too?

Of course once your mom has one of these she might be like my MIL and others who never used it because they didn't want to bother anyone even when she had fallen in the kitchen and lay on the floor for three hours trying to get herself up.

We got one for my mother. The hospital mentioned three companies. One had some negative ratings on the Better Business Bureau site. The other two both used the same equipment and the same company answered the call. So I think you'll have to see what's available where you are.

Back
Top Bottom