Elizabeth Edwards

I wonder if these jerks fly to their little hauntings. TSA could instantly redeem themselves with the American people if they assured each one got a thorough "pat-up" inspection every time they tried to board a plane.
They drive to wherever they are going to do their ghoulish thing. There was a recent story about their van suffering a flat tire and the cops followed them from tire place to tire place where they were refused service. It took AAA from out of town to get them on the road again.

In the old days there would have been no conflict. The idiots could have their 1st amendment rights, and the rest of us could beat the crap out of them, and the police could be busy in another part of town.

Problem over.

Ha

I find this attitude disturbing. As much as I despise this particular group, when you start letting the police decide when to turn a blind eye as people are beaten up, you are on a slippery slope. I think most of us here are old enough to remember when the police turned a blind eye as someone of color or with long hair "deserved" to be beaten or worse. It's all great until the target is you.

They drive to wherever they are going to do their ghoulish thing. There was a recent story about their van suffering a flat tire and the cops followed them from tire place to tire place where they were refused service. It took AAA from out of town to get them on the road again.
Perfect.

I find this attitude disturbing. As much as I despise this particular group, when you start letting the police decide when to turn a blind eye as people are beaten up, you are on a slippery slope. I think most of us here are old enough to remember when the police turned a blind eye as someone of color or with long hair "deserved" to be beaten or worse. It's all great until the target is you.

So you'd have no problem welcoming the Westboro Baptist Church to protest at a funeral of a loved one or close family member?

Actually, this exact thing happened in Seattle few years ago, though with races reversed, which within today's rules makes it more difficult to discuss. The police looked away during a Mardi Gras Celebration while a young white man was beaten to death by those not white. The then police chief somehow felt it was too hot to handle so in spite of being on the scene in force, the police held back.

Seattle Mardi Gras Riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom